Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Scottie Scheffler arrested for reckless driving and assaulting an officer

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: Scottie Scheffler arrested for reckless driving and assaulting an officer

Post by Matt » Sun May 26, 2024 9:03 am

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed May 29, 2024 1:28 pm

Charges dropped.

"Based upon the totality of the evidence, my office can not move forward in the prosecution of the charges filed against Mr. Scheffler," O'Connell said. "Mr. Scheffler's characterization that this was a 'big misunderstanding' is corroborated by the evidence. The evidence we reviewed supports the conclusion that Detective [Brian] Gillis was concerned for public safety at the scene when he initiated contact with Mr. Scheffler. However, Mr. Scheffler's actions and the evidence surrounding their exchange during this misunderstanding do not satisfy the elements of any criminal offenses."
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 29, 2024 1:33 pm

I hope Scheffler sues and gets a nice paycheck as a result of this douchebag cop's actions.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 29, 2024 1:43 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 1:28 pm
Charges dropped.

"Based upon the totality of the evidence, my office can not move forward in the prosecution of the charges filed against Mr. Scheffler," O'Connell said. "Mr. Scheffler's characterization that this was a 'big misunderstanding' is corroborated by the evidence. The evidence we reviewed supports the conclusion that Detective [Brian] Gillis was concerned for public safety at the scene when he initiated contact with Mr. Scheffler. However, Mr. Scheffler's actions and the evidence surrounding their exchange during this misunderstanding do not satisfy the elements of any criminal offenses."
So the question immediately becomes if you or I came within a country mile of the same thing would they drop charges?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 29, 2024 2:11 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 1:43 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Charges dropped.

So the question immediately becomes if you or I came within a country mile of the same thing would they drop charges?
Absolutely not. Did any camera footage surface?

He will likely not sue, but should to push back to get better training for police. Some (not all) just don't have good judgement.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 29, 2024 2:11 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 1:43 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Charges dropped.

No - they'd take the douchebag cop's word. Scheffler was fortunate that the actual story was corroborated by other witnesses.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 30, 2024 7:50 am

The prosecutor's office deserves a harsh rebuke here.

Shouldn't it have waited for relevant evidence to be available and reviewed it BEFORE pressing charges?

Their statement in court sure sounds much different in tone and in representation of what transpired that morning than the one issued when the charging decision was made.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 30, 2024 4:44 pm

Good article from FOX News (there's something I don't often say!) regarding the situation.

The cop indeed was being an asshole.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/scottie- ... f-star.amp
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic