Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan sign stealing scandal

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: Michigan sign stealing scandal

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:02 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:28 am
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:51 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:45 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:43 pm
I think the reason Michigan's opponents have lost by such wide margins is because Michigan is a damn good team on both sides of the ball and because nearly all of the other Big Ten teams stink.

In both games since the revelations, Michigan's defense looks every bit as effective as before. They've not missed a beat.
Well there’s the rub… we don’t really know how good they are since they have had an easy schedule having played absolutely nobody.
And nobody loses more big games than James Franklin at PSU. Even against an interim UM coach next week after Harbaugh gets suspended, I expect Michigan to remain undefeated after playing their first decent squad all year long.
I fully expect Harbaugh to be coaching next week. If the rumor is true that the conference is going to try and suspend Jim, the university is prepared to file a lawsuit immediately, asking for an injunction.
I don't think this is an issue that can be litigated in a court of law.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:08 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:02 am
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
I think the reason Michigan's opponents have lost by such wide margins is because Michigan is a damn good team on both sides of the ball and because nearly all of the other Big Ten teams stink.

In both games since the revelations, Michigan's defense looks every bit as effective as before. They've not missed a beat.
Well there’s the rub… we don’t really know how good they are since they have had an easy schedule having played absolutely nobody.
And nobody loses more big games than James Franklin at PSU. Even against an interim UM coach next week after Harbaugh gets suspended, I expect Michigan to remain undefeated after playing their first decent squad all year long.
I fully expect Harbaugh to be coaching next week. If the rumor is true that the conference is going to try and suspend Jim, the university is prepared to file a lawsuit immediately, asking for an injunction.
I don't think this is an issue that can be litigated in a court of law.
It absolutely is - Santa's letter clearly states the university's opinion, supported by internal and external counsel. I'll admit - I wouldn't be surprised if the noise about suspension is all bullshit and was leaked by Michigan to help Petitti.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:16 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:12 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:31 am
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

You know there is a rule that says ALL program activities are under the supervision and responsibility of the head coach right? The Buck stops here. I can’t see them prevailing in a lawsuit given that.
That is an NCAA rule, added this year, not a B1G rule.
Ok so we’ll get a suspension eventually. Even so a rule like that exists because the universe expects that the leader of an organization knows what is happening at all levels of it. So he either knows or is a bad manager who is wildly inept at managing office staff.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:09 pm

From what I understand, the BT commission can hit Harbaugh with a 2 game suspension, and depending on if the majority of the other schools ADs/presidents are in agreement, possibly an indefinite suspension.

In a lotta ways the biggest punishment has already been handed out. Michigan football is pretty much stripped of their bullshit “doing things the right way” identity, which has been treated as the stuff of legend....in their own minds. They will be booed and heckled as the perpetrators of the most sophisticated cheating operation in the history of college sports. Maybe even the national attention will get the statue of the rape enabler torn down.
Last edited by Honeyman on Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:12 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:09 pm
From what I understand, the BT commission can hit Harbaugh with a 2 game suspension, and depending on if the majority of the other schools ADs/presidents are in agreement, possibly an indefinite suspension.

In a lotta ways the biggest punishment has already been handed out. Michigan football is pretty much stripped of their bullshit “doing things the right way” identity, which has been treated as the stuff of legend....in their own minds. They be booed and heckled as the perpetrators of the most sophisticated cheating operation in the history of college sports. Maybe even the national attention will get the statue of the rape enabler torn down.
When that’s the legend usually it crashes down sooner or later. Nobody’s perfect.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:15 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:12 pm
Honeyman wrote:

In a lotta ways the biggest punishment has already been handed out. Michigan football is pretty much stripped of their bullshit “doing things the right way” identity, which has been treated as the stuff of legend....in their own minds. They be booed and heckled as the perpetrators of the most sophisticated cheating operation in the history of college sports. Maybe even the national attention will get the statue of the rape enabler torn down.
When that’s the legend usually it crashes down sooner or later. Nobody’s perfect.
Harbaugh will be working on his second suspension, for 2 different offenses, in one season. That has to be unprecedented. But they want to sign him to an extension.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:12 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:15 pm
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Harbaugh will be working on his second suspension, for 2 different offenses, in one season. That has to be unprecedented. But they want to sign him to an extension.
This is all bullshit and character assassination. You'll soon see...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:51 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:12 am
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

You talk like a direct part of some discussions somewhere.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:27 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:51 am
Matt wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:12 am
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

You talk like a direct part of some discussions somewhere.
It was on TMZ. matt1 has been keeping him in the loop in dm's.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:48 pm

My source has walked back the claim that Jim will be forced to be fired or Michigan leaving the big 10. Michigan(more specifically President Ono) threatened to sue the Big 10 in a harshly worded email Sunday morning. The Big 10 has since washed their hands of this and deferred to the NCAA. The Big 10 essentially was scared.

Michigan has collected information that several rival schools fed information to the Big 10 to start this whole thing. Most notably OSU and Ryan Day.

Stallions was also spotted at CMU and may also be scouting for them, but no one at CMU will confess to anything.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:03 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:48 pm
My source has walked back the claim that Jim will be forced to be fired or Michigan leaving the big 10. Michigan(more specifically President Ono) threatened to sue the Big 10 in a harshly worded email Sunday morning. The Big 10 has since washed their hands of this and deferred to the NCAA. The Big 10 essentially was scared.

Michigan has collected information that several rival schools fed information to the Big 10 to start this whole thing. Most notably OSU and Ryan Day.

Stallions was also spotted at CMU and may also be scouting for them, but no one at CMU will confess to anything.
Prepare the nukes! Just start over with a whole new list of schools.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:29 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:48 pm

You need a better "source". Even sycophant Matt admitted the Ono email was written Thursday. The Big Ten has the goods, whether they have the balls to use them is the question.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-ncaa-r ... 27599.html

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:27 pm

Freep, basically saying the same as the Yahoo article:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/univ ... 479901007/

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:01 pm

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:21 pm

It's not the sign stealing, it's being in person collecting intel that's the issue.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

― Seneca

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic