Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan sign stealing scandal

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Rate This

Re: Michigan sign stealing scandal

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:14 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:20 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:52 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:50 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:49 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:25 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:22 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:17 pm
I certainly agree with Santa's remarks.
Santa's remarks are from Thursday, before the meeting yesterday.
The university's position has not changed.
Another thoughtful bit of spin. He is against all the speculation… thing is he’ll look pretty silly if lots of it turns out to be true.
It's not.
Do you think the guy wrote it all by himself, put a stamp on it and drove to a post office to mail it certified or something? A place that big has an entire team of people devoted to crafting the perfect statement.
This was vetted by the Office of General Counsel. It's the university's view of the situation. You can make a smart ass retort at the expense of making yourself look like an ass.
In other words it’s been carefully crafted by somebody else and then edited by a lawyer and Santa’s name is simply on it. I thought about using a Santa joke but I’ll pass.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:33 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:14 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Another thoughtful bit of spin. He is against all the speculation… thing is he’ll look pretty silly if lots of it turns out to be true.
It's not.
Do you think the guy wrote it all by himself, put a stamp on it and drove to a post office to mail it certified or something? A place that big has an entire team of people devoted to crafting the perfect statement.
This was vetted by the Office of General Counsel. It's the university's view of the situation. You can make a smart ass retort at the expense of making yourself look like an ass.
In other words it’s been carefully crafted by somebody else and then edited by a lawyer and Santa’s name is simply on it. I thought about using a Santa joke but I’ll pass.
You never give up, even at the expense of making yourself look like a 🤡.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:10 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:33 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:14 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
It's not.
You never give up, even at the expense of making yourself look like a 🤡.
Never give up. Never surrender.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:41 pm

Minnesota AD goes on record about Michigan's cheating:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/college/ ... -sign-saga
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:56 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:41 pm
Minnesota AD goes on record about Michigan's cheating:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/college/ ... -sign-saga
Drip drip drip….

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:17 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:49 am
lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:52 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:40 am
Just got word from a friend in Ann Arbor that the Big 10 will go after Jim after pressure from the rest of the conference. They have two options at this point: Fire Jim or leave the Big 10 according to my source. Michigan is done for and likely to also face sanctions. Death penalty is unlikely.
Fire Harbaugh without cause or a hearing?
Just say this is your wish....
Mind boggling to me how so many are losing their shit over this....
99% are Sparty's who are 24/7 masturbating over this....
And so happy Tuck has been blown off the headlines and not even mentioned anymore....
MCRF is a Michigan supporter. I believe Harbaugh and Michigan are going to be fine. This mob rule bullshit is embarrassing.
I stand corrected...
Apologies To MotorCityRadioFreak...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:43 pm

I think the reason Michigan's opponents have lost by such wide margins is because Michigan is a damn good team on both sides of the ball and because nearly all of the other Big Ten teams stink.

In both games since the revelations, Michigan's defense looks every bit as effective as before. They've not missed a beat.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:45 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:43 pm
I think the reason Michigan's opponents have lost by such wide margins is because Michigan is a damn good team on both sides of the ball and because nearly all of the other Big Ten teams stink.

In both games since the revelations, Michigan's defense looks every bit as effective as before. They've not missed a beat.
Well there’s the rub… we don’t really know how good they are since they have had an easy schedule having played absolutely nobody.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:51 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:45 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

Well there’s the rub… we don’t really know how good they are since they have had an easy schedule having played absolutely nobody.
And nobody loses more big games than James Franklin at PSU. Even against an interim UM coach next week after Harbaugh gets suspended, I expect Michigan to remain undefeated after playing their first decent squad all year long.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:55 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:05 am

Ok gratuitous joke time… When Santa brings Jim a gift he says…. It’s deeply appreciated.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:00 am

The true test is PSU next weekend James Franklin wets the bed can't win the big one. I think even if Jim does go to the NFL after the season they shouldn't punish Jim Harbaugh wherever he coaches from the rumors I have heard this past week, plus this is an NCAA matter not an NFL matter in my opinion.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:28 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:51 pm
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

And nobody loses more big games than James Franklin at PSU. Even against an interim UM coach next week after Harbaugh gets suspended, I expect Michigan to remain undefeated after playing their first decent squad all year long.
I fully expect Harbaugh to be coaching next week. If the rumor is true that the conference is going to try and suspend Jim, the university is prepared to file a lawsuit immediately, asking for an injunction.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:31 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:28 am
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

I fully expect Harbaugh to be coaching next week. If the rumor is true that the conference is going to try and suspend Jim, the university is prepared to file a lawsuit immediately, asking for an injunction.
You know there is a rule that says ALL program activities are under the supervision and responsibility of the head coach right? The Buck stops here. I can’t see them prevailing in a lawsuit given that.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:12 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:31 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:28 am
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

You know there is a rule that says ALL program activities are under the supervision and responsibility of the head coach right? The Buck stops here. I can’t see them prevailing in a lawsuit given that.
That is an NCAA rule, added this year, not a B1G rule.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic