Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

College football prediction thread

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: College football prediction thread

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:20 am

Both teams look much better than I thought they would and deserve to be ranked. I believed Mel was the right hire for MSU and am now convinced of it. He has them playing disciplined football, and their offense is actually exciting. They are waaaay ahead of schedule in my mind, I thought they were at least a year away. Long way to go, and Nebraska will be a test. But Kenneth Walker is special.

Playing all their games at the Big Hole clearly benefits Michigan, I don't think we'll see how good they really are until they go to Madison. Their defense appears to be much better than I had heard they were though.

OSU might not as good as advertised. They have some issues on both sides of the ball. PSU just might be the best team in the conference.

The censorship king from out of state.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:55 pm

Don't sleep on Iowa either. As it looks now, they'll give whomever survives the East a run for their money in Indy.

Ohio State's issues start and end with their defense. Go look at their B1G and national rankings... it's stunning.

How many times has Michigan looked good in September only to collapse like a no-brand tent in a 5 MPH breeze ... right now they are nothing more than fool's gold. Impressed the most with the steps MSU has taken. They aren't deep though - if they get hurt, it will be devastating.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:19 pm

Nobody is better in September than Michigan. Every year we hear that Harbaugh has finally figured it all out, some phenom should be awarded the Heisman now, and this is the year they finally beat OSU. Of course, they always seem to play their first 4 games at home as they do this year and next year, which of course helps to skew the perception. Then we flip the calendar to October, and they'll get whacked in Madison.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:48 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:19 pm
Nobody is better in September than Michigan. Every year we hear that Harbaugh has finally figured it all out, some phenom should be awarded the Heisman now, and this is the year they finally beat OSU. Of course, they always seem to play their first 4 games at home as they do this year and next year, which of course helps to skew the perception. Then we flip the calendar to October, and they'll get whacked in Madison.
This just isn't true. Michigan lost September games in 2015, 2018, and 2019. There have been some lucky wins in September and not complete dominance like the first three games this year. Also, Harbaugh is 34-10 against non-OSU B1G teams in 6 seasons. Almost half of the 10 came in last year's shit show. OSU is THE hurdle, but let's not pretend that Michigan hasn't had a good level of success under Harbaugh. They need to get to great, and this year's team has a lot of potential.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:59 pm

Urban Meyer is going to take the USC head coaching he is going to leave Jacksonville after this season.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:38 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:51 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:34 am
Who is better than Miami? Washington? Hardly. Please. MSU has the better QB, and you know I don't like Sparty. You want me to get excited over Cade with those numbers? I am not saying Michigan is hot dog water like last year, but 9 wins(including a bowl win) is their ceiling. And I haven't seen anything showing me they can run with OSU.
Miami and Washington are right next to each other in FPI.
Washington had two WR's hurt and a run defense.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:44 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:48 pm
Honeyman wrote:
This just isn't true. Michigan lost September games in 2015, 2018, and 2019. There have been some lucky wins in September and not complete dominance like the first three games this year. Also, Harbaugh is 34-10 against non-OSU B1G teams in 6 seasons. Almost half of the 10 came in last year's shit show. OSU is THE hurdle, but let's not pretend that Michigan hasn't had a good level of success under Harbaugh. They need to get to great, and this year's team has a lot of potential.
Guess that term "success" is subjective. UM used to be considered an elite program. But in recent years, they have never won the BT EAST or Legends division and played for the championship. MSU has twice. Harbaugh has never beaten his main rival in the years he has been there. If you're satisfied finishing 3rd in your division every year, getting bitch-slapped by OSU, and playing in the Citrus Bowl, I guess Harbaugh has been a success.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:17 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:44 am
Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:48 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Guess that term "success" is subjective. UM used to be considered an elite program. But in recent years, they have never won the BT EAST or Legends division and played for the championship. MSU has twice. Harbaugh has never beaten his main rival in the years he has been there. If you're satisfied finishing 3rd in your division every year, getting bitch-slapped by OSU, and playing in the Citrus Bowl, I guess Harbaugh has been a success.
Success can certainly be subjective. In the context of the last two guys, Harbaugh's worst season was better than Rich Rod's best. Harbaugh's worst season is equal to Hoke's second best season. Brady Hoke lost to Minnesota (while playing a clearly concussed player), Maryland, and Rutgers in the same season. Even Carr's last 8 years were a mixed bag, with 2003 being the only legitimately successful year under the metrics you have assigned to Harbaugh. Even though Michigan hasn't won a legit B1G title since 2003, they always get an opposing team's best effort because they are Michigan. This year just feels different. The proof will be in the pudding.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:25 am

What would be considered a successful year, Matt? If you go 10-2, lose to OSU and play in a NY bowl, is that good enough?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:38 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:25 am
What would be considered a successful year, Matt? If you go 10-2, lose to OSU and play in a NY bowl, is that good enough?
Ask me after Wisconsin.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:35 pm

MSU(-5 1/2) against Nebraska under the lights tomorrow is my lock of the college football weekend.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:23 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:35 pm
MSU(-5 1/2) against Nebraska under the lights tomorrow is my lock of the college football weekend.
I don't like it. I had the game handicapped at 6 and it opened at 3. Vegas seemed to be asking for Spartan money, and obviously got it. Something stinks about this line.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:33 pm

Line is back down to 3 1/2.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:41 pm

How bad is the Big Ten West? Wisconsin looked fucking awful, Minnesota loses to....wait for it....Bowling Green, and Iowa has their hands full with Colorado State.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:24 pm

And McNamara sucks balls as does the Michigan defense today.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic