Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

2021 Superbowl Ads

A forum devoted to the Advertising Industry. A place not just to discuss the ads you see & hear, but also the business side of the industry.
sfpcc

2021 Superbowl Ads

Post by sfpcc » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:35 am

Does anyone have any thoughts about this years Superbowl ads? Seeing Spock Beavis And Butthead on Paramount Mountain was kind of funny.

moldyoldie

Re: 2021 Superbowl Ads

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:28 am

The ones I found most compelling, clever, and/or memorable:
1.) Doordash - "Sesame Street", where you can easily order from your local Mom & Pop eateries and other businesses you see everyday walking down the street.

2.) Oatly - "No Cow", where the CEO sings a simple tune telling you how his oat milk uses "no cow".

3.) Toyota - "Amputee/Adoptee", where an adopted foreign baby whose condition necessitates amputating the legs becomes an American Olympic swimmer.

4.) GM - "Beating Norway", where GM promises the U.S. will overtake Norway in the highest percentage of electric vehicles.

5.) YouTube - mainly for a soft revision of The Kinks tune "Strangers".

6.) And this one seen in a local break, Jimmy John's - "Tony Bolognavich", sandwich mogul and strongman. :lol

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:15 pm

I liked the M&M'S ad with Eugene Levy, the Toyota Amputee swimmer, the Will Ferrall GM ad, the Doordash Sesame Street ad, the one Huggies ad, and a few others.

The Oatly ad with their CEO singing and playing keyboard was strange. The guy's not that all that good of a singer. What's even weirder was the ad was actually filmed in the summer of 2014 and was banned by the dairy lobby in Sweden, where the company was based. It was low-budget so I don't expect much. They even knew how bad it was by selling free T-shirts on their website for those who loved or hated it. While considered the worst, it was an eyeopener for many.

The Jimmy Johns ad I'm pretty sure was national. It aired on my station.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:18 pm

I did like the Norway ad, I've had to explain to five people what Oatly is so I would say it raised awareness for the brand.

I think you meant David Levy and the m&m ad, unless I missed another one.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:38 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:18 pm
I did like the Norway ad, I've had to explain to five people what Oatly is so I would say it raised awareness for the brand.

I think you meant David Levy and the m&m ad, unless I missed another one.
David Levy is probably who I'm thinking of.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:10 pm

[.
[/quote]

David Levy is probably who I'm thinking of.
[/quote]
Actually it's Daniel Levy. He just hosted SNL.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic