Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Most Annoying Commercials

A forum devoted to the Advertising Industry. A place not just to discuss the ads you see & hear, but also the business side of the industry.
radioandtventhusiast

Re: Most Annoying Commercials

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:50 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:16 am
Here on the west side... Service Professor... We'Ll FiX iT iN a SnAp!! Ugh! that commercial plays every break.
Where do you see that commercial?

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:33 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:50 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:16 am
Here on the west side... Service Professor... We'Ll FiX iT iN a SnAp!! Ugh! that commercial plays every break.
Where do you see that commercial?
On pretty much any GR area TV station.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

tc

Post by tc » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:56 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:35 pm
I see more and more ads for women's incontinence products. What's going on? Have women suddenly started peeing their pants?
I think it’s more that times have changed and advertisements for these types of products are considered (by many) to be more acceptable.

Agree with you on the Navage, btw.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:16 am

I enjoy watching Pluto TV, especially "The Price Is Right: The Barker Era". CBS advertises the new Drew Carey TPIR channel on PlutoTV, using this promo consisting of a folksy, slow, high-pitched "oh oh oh it's a great new day" ukelele song with obnoxious and dramatic contestants with Drew acting like some savior. It certainly doesn't elicit the excitement that is The Price Is Right, and it makes even having the channel on in the background unbearable because that single ad comes on with every break.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:51 pm

Pluto TV's commercials repeat so much. I think I saw that commercial a few days ago watching the Carey version channel.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:27 pm

Hero. Mighty Patch pimple "patches"; there's no reason for these two to be the only spokespersons for the product.

They play both The Zit AND the person affected by The Zit.

Perfectly putrid.
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:23 pm

kager wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:27 pm
Hero. Mighty Patch pimple "patches"; there's no reason for these two to be the only spokespersons for the product.

Perfectly putrid.
Saw these while having lunch with a friend in Ludington this past weekend. I'm not sure which channel the restaurant was playing on its TVs, but it looked like some sports betting network and they played these commercials incessantly. Like every 5 minutes, during every break. The volume was muted, but it was still hate at first sight. I think these just pulled ahead of the Jardiance commercial as the worst of the year.
At first I thought it was one of those "colon polyp" PSAs from several years ago back. I swear the "polyp" costumes were virtually identical to the "pimple" costumes.
Any commercial with a talking part of the body is automatically terrible.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:29 pm

That Jardiance commercial gets so annoying after seeing it so many times. Now the actress is on a bus in the latest ad. Maybe they could lower the price if they didn't pay so many actors and extras.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:32 pm

ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:23 pm
kager wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:27 pm

Perfectly putrid.
Saw these while having lunch with a friend in Ludington this past weekend. I'm not sure which channel the restaurant was playing on its TVs, but it looked like some sports betting network and they played these commercials incessantly. Like every 5 minutes, during every break. The volume was muted, but it was still hate at first sight. I think these just pulled ahead of the Jardiance commercial as the worst of the year.
At first I thought it was one of those "colon polyp" PSAs from several years ago back. I swear the "polyp" costumes were virtually identical to the "pimple" costumes.
I wonder if that sports betting network is one of those "FAST channels" that are available on Pluto TV and other services.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:36 pm

ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:23 pm
:lol Agreed.
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:32 pm

I am listening to Spotify here in Michigan, and I am getting commercials for a credit union in Colorado.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:13 pm

One I'm definitely sick of seeing is the recent Buffalo Wild Wings spot with the ravaging boxing-out buffalo; it's seemingly playing every break during the March Madness games. This despite the subtle MSU Spartan presence. "LET'S GO SPORTS BAR!" Gawd! :x

Also, the number of commercial breaks in March Madness is in itself annoying. You'd think with games on four networks one could escape the ads by switching channels, but too often...noooo. :rolleyes It's a conspiracy, I tell ya! 8o
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic