Acceptable registrations in the queue through October 17 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

death to 'doorbusters'

A forum devoted to the Advertising Industry. A place not just to discuss the ads you see & hear, but also the business side of the industry.
kager

death to 'doorbusters'

Post by kager » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:55 am

Time to excise this term from advertising.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Calvert DeForest

Re: death to 'doorbusters'

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:07 am

I've always viewed that word with a negative connotation. It conjures up an image of people breaking down doors and rushing aisles to save a few bucks on this item or that before the "limited supply" disappears.

Black Friday is a marketing myth that has been dis-proven in multiple retail studies. Prices are actually better around mid-October when retailers clear inventory to make room for new shipments ahead of the Christmas shopping season. Not to mention the whole idea behind Black Friday is basically bait-and-switch. Get customers in the store with temporary deals on limited-supply items that they may not be able to get if the supply runs out. Once in the store the customer can be directed to a similar item at a higher price. Customer doesn't want to leave empty-handed, so the item moves and the store makes the sale.

To quote the late Doug Henning....it's an illusion!

If you ask who I'm voting for, I'll tell you I'm voting for the person I'm voting for.

Ed Joseph

Re: death to 'doorbusters'

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Another I wouldn't care if I never heard again is "____palooza".

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic