Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Amazon / Lexa Commercial

A forum devoted to the Advertising Industry. A place not just to discuss the ads you see & hear, but also the business side of the industry.
sfpcc

Amazon / Lexa Commercial

Post by sfpcc » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:18 am

Has anyone out there seen this Lexa / Amazon Commercial? A teen girl comes home pissed after losing a soccer match. Cut to later on that night, around 4:30, we now see this girl practicing kicking goals in her back yard. Her mom then uses the Lexa device to turn on the light so she can see better. This leaves me wondering, isn't the mother worried about her teen daughter hanging around the backyard in the middle of the night?

moldyoldie

Re: Amazon / Lexa Commercial

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:03 am

sfpcc wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:18 am
This leaves me wondering, isn't the mother worried about her teen daughter hanging around the backyard in the middle of the night?
To say nothing of the neighbors who are trying to get some sleep!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Fri May 03, 2019 5:17 pm

No, She’s in good hands, Lexa is watching the Girl, Mom, The Neighbors, You and Me, Because Lexa is really Big Brother, Just a thought. Lexa knows everything what your wearing, What your saying, And where you are. You gotta love Lexa.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Tue May 28, 2019 4:12 pm

There is an ad on TV which says "Ok Google" which sets off Assistant on my tablet several times a freakin day! I tried disabling it, but I guess I need to like shoot the thing.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:06 am

Ed Joseph wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:12 pm
There is an ad on TV which says "Ok Google" which sets off Assistant on my tablet several times a freakin day! I tried disabling it, but I guess I need to like shoot the thing.
South Park did this purposefully, as a troll... http://southpark.cc.com/clips/t53vvt/its-okay-to-be-sad

Which is why I want to know what the LOW FREQUENCY response is for these things.

The idea of rolling past with a subwoofer barking an almost infrasonic "...order me a pizza" appeals to me.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:14 pm

Ed Joseph wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:12 pm
So now they know what TV shows you watch.

Nice!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:42 am

LOL! Google blows bit and AC won't work, doors won't open, baby monitors don't work...and you paid extra for the "feature"?

https://www.fastcompany.com/90358396/th ... use-the-ac

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:14 pm

Audio... I kinda like the idea of controlling things via tartphone, but the idea that large corporations lock you into using their infrastructure, I don't like. Personally, I think someone is nuts to put cameras around their house connected to google, etc. I'm not going to do it. I trust corporations as far as my farts can move the planet, especially Google.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:05 am

My car has a real key, and so does my house. No Google or Amazon devices either.

There is a $3 wifi chipset that that can control things with your smartphone. Runs on LULA Basic (developed by Catholic monk). I have a PWM led controller and garage door opener based on it.

All the original code was meant to used with Telnet, but I re-wrote it for HTTP//HTML.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:04 pm

Ed Joseph wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:14 pm
Audio... I kinda like the idea of controlling things via tartphone, but the idea that large corporations lock you into using their infrastructure, I don't like. Personally, I think someone is nuts to put cameras around their house connected to google, etc. I'm not going to do it. I trust corporations as far as my farts can move the planet, especially Google.

I don't know whether my phone is smart or not. It's on the kitchen wall.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic