Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pure Michigan

A forum devoted to the Advertising Industry. A place not just to discuss the ads you see & hear, but also the business side of the industry.
Turkeytop

Pure Michigan

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:22 am

Here in Ontario they play those Pure Michigan tourism promotion ads on TV every night. They've always done it during the summer but this is the first year they've also had them for winter.

Do they also play them in Michigan, or are they only aimed at Ontario people who just can't get enough of winter?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

ZenithCKLW

Re: Pure Michigan

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:30 am

We get them in Michigan too. Especially on the radio.

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:09 pm

I tired of hearing Tim Allen’s voice on those damn Pure Michigan ads.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:58 pm

Also a sponsor of the excellent "Under the Radar-Michigan" syndicated around the state from DPTV

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:31 pm

I've seen them in New York and Arizona

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

cckadlec

Post by cckadlec » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:39 pm

In all my travels (quite a bit), I've heard the ads most extensively on the radio in Wisconsin, Illinois, and especially rampant in Ontario, such as the Hamilton and GTA stations. Any market with a lot of people that is within a few hours of Michigan. Never heard them outside the Midwest though, though all my travels tend to be east of Michigan where they're less likely to advertise as those people are closer to... well, better things. Nobody in Michigan wants people from NYC or Jersey sightseeing here. :rollin

[ Radio and weather geeks, beware! Coastal tropo studies, the 3-hr. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, 6-hr. 500 Top-of-Hour IDs, and Chinese FM at www.chriskadlec.comTuner: Grundig G8 • Location: Fremont, Mich. ]

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:51 pm

In the summer, we also get Pure Michigan Billboards here. Also, in the summer we get TV ads from Detroit, promoting the city as a tourist destination.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:31 pm

RadioKev wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:09 pm
I tired of hearing Tim Allen’s voice on those damn Pure Michigan ads.
Weird, RadioKev complaining about something....

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:52 pm

I think a whole lot of people would gladly move out of "Pure Michigan" if they could afford to! Detroit, a "tourist destination"? Seriously? I drove from Flint to Detroit for ten years. I can honestly say that I never found an area down there I would consider moving into in order to cut my commute.

I *do* like "Under the Radar Michigan". He finds some off the wall stuff. A few in Detroit, but not many that I'd consider worth a trip down there to see myself.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic