Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Time to dump on political ads yet?

A forum devoted to the Advertising Industry. A place not just to discuss the ads you see & hear, but also the business side of the industry.
SolarMax

Time to dump on political ads yet?

Post by SolarMax » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:41 pm

Sure, I'll start...
Early GOP primary pretenders for MI Governor are slithering out from under the slimy rocks and subterranean hiding places, and have begun dumping their personal fortunes into production and TV air time.
Sleazy car salesman Rinke was early out of the gate. Stay off his lawn, dammit. Another "business" guy. That worked out so well for us in the recent past.
ISO9000 "Guru" Perry Johnson has hit the airwaves recently, with a rather slick, high production value spot. Wants to apply auto industry "best practices" to politics. Unfortunately, Perry himself looks and sounds like he's been sleeping in a coffin. Drawn, craggy, pasty-plastic looking, his on-camera appearance is, well, creepy.
And it's just getting under way. :rolleyes

Realist

Re: Time to dump on political ads yet?

Post by Realist » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:37 pm

Haven’t seen any Rinke’s ads yet. Saw a Garrett Solarano ad during the Thanksgiving Lions game. Perry Johnson reminds me of a real life Mr. Burns from the Simpsons. I don’t buy what Perry is selling as the self proclaimed nerd did something similar and look where that got us I.e. Flint Water. Applying business beliefs to government isn’t compatible most of the time.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:01 pm

Perry Johnson looks like my friend's brother in 30 years. I cracked up when I saw him. It was hilarious.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:57 pm

He needs to be in charge of one of the main departments, such as the Department of Transportation, rather than being Governor. Maybe that way we would get our roads fixed better.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:21 am

I don't discuss politics as a rule but I hate the ad's this time of year in even numbered years, everybody bashing everyone. It's harassing and obnoxious seeing having to endure all these dumb ad's on youtube even.

If I hear 1 more thing about Tim Ryan or JD Vance I'm going to run screaming into the night.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:34 pm

Take a pedometer.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:45 am

kager wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:34 pm
Take a pedometer.
:lol I may try that. One week of this crap to go. Although, this isn't as bad as The Liberty Mutual Commercials.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:15 am

I don't watch broadcast TV, I have YouTube premium, I really have no way to see/hear them. Awesome.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:12 pm

Dish is now inserting them into receivers during local breaks on cable networks.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:49 am

They've really ratcheted up the desperation and frequency of scare tactics on both sides of the issues and candidates in poli-ads this year. I hope most people see through the constant PAC deceptions.
Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:15 am
I don't watch broadcast TV, I have YouTube premium, I really have no way to see/hear them. Awesome.
Then there's the one from that pinky insect here on the bb who doesn't have Windows problems with its Mac. Yea.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic