Acceptable registrations in the queue through November 24 at 6:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Most Annoying Commercials

A forum devoted to the Advertising Industry. A place not just to discuss the ads you see & hear, but also the business side of the industry.
ChrisWL1980
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:36 am

Re: Most Annoying Commercials

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:48 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:30 pm
ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:18 am
With that horrid "Fancy Like" song name-dropping Applebee's, it was only a matter of time before it made it into a commercial. And dear God, is it equally horrid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D7hawTDmJk
And it's another one of those country songs that only has a little twang and sounds more like rap.

I know Wendy's is also name-dropped as well.
And naturally, it was the #1 song last week on 99.5 WYCD.



ChrisWL1980
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:36 am

Re: Most Annoying Commercials

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 pm

I thought "Low" was bad... now Kroger and the other stores in the chain are using Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl." It's worse if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1x1v2V00Zo



User avatar
SolarMax
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:59 pm
Location: 313

Re: Most Annoying Commercials

Post by SolarMax » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:02 am

ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 pm
I thought "Low" was bad... now Kroger and the other stores in the chain are using Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl." It's worse if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1x1v2V00Zo
I like how YouTube has to show you a commercial before you can watch the Kroger commercial :roll:
At least there's a "Skip Ad" button after a few seconds.



User avatar
SolarMax
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:59 pm
Location: 313

Re: Most Annoying Commercials

Post by SolarMax » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:10 am

A new "most annoying" series of spots:
Couples, where one of them has Shingles. A voiceover informs them (or at least the unaffected one) that Shingles can be prevented.
Surprised, in unison they reply, "Shingles can be Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???"
Instant one for the "mute" button.



Bobbert
Posts: 645
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Most Annoying Commercials

Post by Bobbert » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:21 am

This one's gotten pretty old:




ChrisWL1980
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:36 am

Re: Most Annoying Commercials

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:54 pm

SolarMax wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:02 am
ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 pm
I thought "Low" was bad... now Kroger and the other stores in the chain are using Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl." It's worse if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1x1v2V00Zo
I like how YouTube has to show you a commercial before you can watch the Kroger commercial :roll:
At least there's a "Skip Ad" button after a few seconds.
That's why I use an Ad Blocker on my computer, and Smart YouTube (no ads) on my Smart TV.



ChrisWL1980
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:36 am

Re: Most Annoying Commercials

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:56 pm

SolarMax wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:10 am
A new "most annoying" series of spots:
Couples, where one of them has Shingles. A voiceover informs them (or at least the unaffected one) that Shingles can be prevented.
Surprised, in unison they reply, "Shingles can be Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???"
Instant one for the "mute" button.
Do they still show NSWE (Not Safe While Eating) close-ups of an affected person's condition? That Terry Bradshaw spot from a few years back had me not only diving for the Mute button, but for the Change Channel button.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW22lWFC4Xo



ChrisWL1980
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:36 am

Re: Most Annoying Commercials

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:58 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:21 am
This one's gotten pretty old:

Not nearly as bad as "Nothing's missed with Tena Twist" (which shows up in the previews right after you finish watching that one)...



User avatar
SolarMax
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:59 pm
Location: 313

Re: Most Annoying Commercials

Post by SolarMax » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:32 pm

SolarMax wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:05 pm
Speaking of Most Annoying, fortunately have not lately seen any "Sold By Z" with realtor Mark Z and his annoying children.
Unfortunately, Mark "Sold by Z" has recently returned to to local commercial spot breaks. This time, his still-annoying children whine that he's replaced them with "new" kids, because they are not so young, or cute, anymore (true).



sfpcc1
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:29 pm

Re: Most Annoying Commercials

Post by sfpcc1 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:38 pm

Has anyone seen the Kohls's ad where the kid dances with his Grandma to the country version of the Beatles With Love From Me To You? I know it's supposed to heartwarming but it creeps me out. :-?



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic