Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jimmy Buffett has died

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
matt1

Jimmy Buffett has died

Post by matt1 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:11 am

Jimmy Buffett has died at 76 years old. What a sad day for the parrotheads. :cry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Buffett

kager

Re: Jimmy Buffett has died

Post by kager » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:52 am

:(

Sad day for Parrotheads and potheads.

Buffet was an American icon, and quite successful beyond the Big8.

Beware the LandShark.

RIP to the Son of a son of a...
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:49 am

“You know Death will get you in the end,” Buffett wrote in A Pirate Looks at Fifty, “but if you are smart and have a sense of humor, you can thumb your nose at it for a while.”
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:00 am

kager wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:52 am
:(
Sad day for Parrotheads and potheads.
Jimmy didn't have a pothead following per se. He was a light recreational user like many of his millions of boomer parrotheads. I would agree with something along the lines of "Parrotheads and Drunkards".
In a recent profile in the New York Times, the 71-year-old musician revealed some insights into the stricter diet he’s following these days. “I don’t do sugar anymore,” he said. “No sugar and no carbs.” There is one exception, though: Sunday is his cheat day. Instead of sweet frozen cocktails, Buffett’s new go-to substitute is tequila on the rocks with “a lot of water.”

And that’s not the only lifestyle change he’s made. Buffett—who, as Rolling Stone reported, helped support himself early in his career by smuggling marijuana from the Caribbean to Florida—is no longer smoking pot. He’s replaced it with vaping oils, which he partakes in only on occasion.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

kager

Post by kager » Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:49 am

Ok. So...

- Coral Reefer Band was a reference to 18-wheelers.
- "My Gummy Just Kicked In" is a song about vitamins.

Yet pot...

It's still pot.
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:09 pm

This is one of those celebrity deaths I'm crying over. Jimmy was my favorite artist, going all the way back to birth. I saw him just once live, on the Detroit River in 2015. His live shows were energetic and passionate, and he's the big reason why I love tropical islands and frozen drinks. I knew he was sick, but didn't know it was that dire for him. Paul McCartney was actually one of the last people to visit him. I'm very sad he's no longer with us. He told so many great stories in song. R.I.P. and I hope it's Five O'Clock Somewhere where you're at.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:49 am

Saw him a bunch of times, a couple I can remember.

I don't know if there is one person on Earth that brought more joy to more people than him.
The censorship king from out of state.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:12 pm

I've seen many great performers live, but Jimmy was always one of those who had so much fun and passion on stage. Even at his last show in July, he was still having fun and cracking jokes on stage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic