Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Talking Heads Naked

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Deleted User 15835

Talking Heads Naked

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:11 am

This was the bands last album before they broke up, released in 1988 it sounds nothing like the prior album True Stories. That is one thing I've always liked about Talking Heads and even REM , they were able to re-invent themselves all the time and each record they did sounds very different then the first one.

Maybe it's just me but you can sort of feel that the band is starting to come apart. The A side of the record has the strongest songs on the album, The B side things start to get weird and it seems like David Byrne is just kind of over it. The track Bill is kind of creepy. Mommy Daddy you and I , leaves me with " Um okay...." . Nothing but flowers and Mr.Jones are the best tracks IMO.

It's not a terrible album but by this point, if you know the history of Talking Heads you can tell things were over.

matt1

Re: Talking Heads Naked

Post by matt1 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:59 am

Without lead singer David Byrne, the trio called themselves The Heads & the 1996 "No Talking Just Head" had various artists.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:00 am

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:05 am

I was actually going to bring this up lol. I found it on the $1 rack one time and decided to check it out. Honestly, this was a mess and It deserved the fate it got in my view. What were they thinking?

No more lonely nights is just strange, talking of having sex with animals. Debbie Harry sounds like she's wailing in pain on No Talking Just head. The weirdest one was bringing in Ed Kowalczyk, from LIVE. Which didn't work at all.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic