Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Geroge Harrision - has it really been 21 years?

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
kager

Geroge Harrision - has it really been 21 years?

Post by kager » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:37 pm

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Deleted User 15835

Re: Geroge Harrision - has it really been 21 years?

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:44 am

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:15 am

Paul's always been my favorite, but I rediscovered George's solo work a few years ago, and it's been a very rewarding experience. The Living in the Material World album is one of the most heartfelt pieces of music ever committed to vinyl. Here is one of its highlights:

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:18 pm

I've always liked "The Day The World Gets Round", which is a stylistic cousin to the All Things Must Pass album tracks, as well as "Sue Me, Sue You Blues", George at his acerbic best. He also name-checks the other Beatles on the title track.

I'm hoping the album gets the deluxe treatment next year.

kager

Post by kager » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:00 pm

Did a Deep Dive Revisit to All Things Must Pass earlier in the year... primarily due to all the extras available from that album on Amazon Music. The slide guitar 2/3rds into What is Life? gets buried every time! (I think the OptiMod on WLS back in the day must have made that song a completely different mix.)

That jogged my memory of the superb 33 & 1/3 of late '76. No H*** hits, but heavily promoted (even leading to an SNL performance w/Paul Simon). If you haven't made a visit to Crackerbox Palace, Harrison's wit and pop sensibilities were on full display there...

https://www.culturesonar.com/thirty-thr ... -birthday/

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic