Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

American Top 40 Errors

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Ben Zonia

American Top 40 Errors

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:54 pm

Are the recordings used for the present day version of AT40 on Sirius XM 70s on 7 the same as the original American Top 40 Broadcasts?

I just heard a glaring error from the August 23, 1975 AT40 Broadcast. Casey introduced "The Proud One" by the Osmonds as a remake of a Frankie Valli solo from 1966. Then they played "The Last Day Is Coming", the B Side of the Osmonds single. I know for a fact that Casey properly introduced and played "The Proud One", along with a snippet from the #68 1966 original, on one broadcast, during the short Top 40 run (The Osmonds hit #1 AC with it, it reached #22 Hot 100).

In their zest for audio quality, do they dub in remastered versions in the new 70s on 7 broadcast, and the person who dubbed the new recording was clueless? Casey would have known better.

Also, they debuted the much maligned "Run Joey Run" by David Geddes, whose legal name is still David Idema. Casey revealed that David "Geddes" was born in Ludington, and lived in Ann Arbor. He continued to live there after graduation from U of M and was commuting to U of D Law School when the song was released. That's where he copped the name Geddes from a street sign on Geddes Rd., there.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

matt1

Re: American Top 40 Errors

Post by matt1 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:39 pm

Don't get "American Top 40" The 70's OR The 80's anymore on WMRX in Midland because they cancelled both shows. WCRZ "CARS 108" still plays "The 80's" from 8:00 till 12 Midnight Saturday nights.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic