Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bands everyone likes but you

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Graham Wellington

Re: Bands everyone likes but you

Post by Graham Wellington » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:17 pm

Beastie Boys. Everything about them - the nicknames, clothes, manurisms - screams rich white boys trying to act black. And with a textbook "white people trying to rap" sound. People really fawn over a group with names like Mike D, MCA, and Ad-rock? I thought they were douchy in the 80s already.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:51 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:24 pm
Prince! Yep I said!

Total Conceded Douche Bag of a person and his music is so overhyped. Fight me.
I like Prince's music, but didn't like how he strongly hated his music being on the internet, as well as being aggressive with copyright takedowns.

Don Henley's the same way, and even worse, he's known to be lawsuit-happy as well. He's sued several times over protecting his IP. Great singer and voice, but such a big jerk!

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:20 pm

Yeah The Beastie Boys are way overrated. I used to really like Henley's Music, still do some of it but the whole douche bag attitude turns me off.

kager

Post by kager » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:14 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:20 pm
I used to really like Henley's Music, still do some of it but the whole douche bag attitude turns me off.
Ditto.

Ultimate douche act: Henley abruptly cancelled his appearance @ the National Cherry Festival in TC about 20 years ago, with no reason given. I'd guess ticket sales were nowhere near as large as his ego at the time.

He can still pound Sleeping Bear Dunes for that...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:39 pm

A friend of mine, doesn't like Joe Cocker for a similar reason. She went to go see him at The Toledo Zoo some years back(awhile before he passed away) and it was raining, it was a sold out event and people waited 2 hours in the rain. Then, nothing. No explanation or anything. She will not listen to a Joe Cocker song to this day.

https://apnews.com/article/9e7e9f675bcd ... 31d73d7ada

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic