Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Beatles '73

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Bobbert

Beatles '73

Post by Bobbert » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:23 pm

My Amazon Music playlists include an imaginary Beatles album that collects solo Beatles music from 1973, which was the peak year for their solo music. The album was "released" in December 1973 and includes songs from Living in the Material World, Mind Games, Ringo, and Band on the Run.

Here's the LP track list:

Side 1
1. Give Me Love (George)
2. Jet (Paul)
3. Mind Games (John)
4. Photograph (Ringo)
5. The Light that has Lighted the World (George)
6. I Know (I Know) (John)

Side 2
1. Mamunia (Paul)
2. Out the Blue (John)
3. Mrs. Vandebilt (Paul)
4. Be Here Now (George)
5. Six O'Clock (Ringo)
6. Don't Let Me Wait Too Long (George)

Obviously I'm a big fan of George's Living in the Material World album. I left off the Band on the Run single because it doesn't really reflect the Beatles as a continuing group.

The album has a very quiet, mature feeling. What do others think?

matt1

Re: Beatles '73

Post by matt1 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:28 pm

Still waiting for The Beatles 1976 compilation "Rock & Roll Music" & 1977 compilation "Love Songs" (both 2 albums on 1 CD)!!

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:09 am

I'd also include "One Day (At A Time)" from Lennon, "Little Lamb Dragonfly" from Paul's 1973 Wings album "Red Rose Speedway", and George's "The Day The World Gets 'Round".

"Jet" isn't really a quiet song, but it's well done. Perhaps "I Lie Around", the B-Side of the summer '73 Wings single "Live And Let Die".

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:48 pm

Musicrewired wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:09 am
I'd also include "One Day (At A Time)" from Lennon, "Little Lamb Dragonfly" from Paul's 1973 Wings album "Red Rose Speedway", and George's "The Day The World Gets 'Round".

"Jet" isn't really a quiet song, but it's well done. Perhaps "I Lie Around", the B-Side of the summer '73 Wings single "Live And Let Die".
Thanks for the reply. Your point about "Jet" is well-taken. I included it mainly to pile up the singles at the beginning of the album. I intentionally excluded Red Rose Speedway songs to limit the source material to one album per Beatle. That pained me greatly because Red Rose Speedway is one my favorite Paul albums, and "Little Lamb Dragonfly" is an amazing song. I had a hard time limiting the George songs, because Material World is my favorite George album.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic