Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Little Richard

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
sfpcc

Little Richard

Post by sfpcc » Sat May 09, 2020 10:54 am

Little Richard has died at the age of 87.

radioandtventhusiast

Re: Little Richard

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat May 09, 2020 8:50 pm

That's a shame. He was one of the pioneers of Rock Music and was an influence to future legends. We're down to Jerry Lee Lewis and a few other originals. May he R.I.P.

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Little Richard

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun May 10, 2020 8:22 pm

Kind of a milquetoast memorization from Pat Boone's FB page considering he wouldn't have nearly as notable a career or bank account without songwriter Little Richard.

"RICHARD and I are brothers, musically and spiritually. I had million-selling records of his early R&B hits which weren’t known on Pop radio..and he credited me with helping him cross over to the larger market—but way more than that, we knew we were Christian brothers and we celebrated that. I look forward to seeing him again before too long."

Pat Boone

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic