Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The 10 Worst Classic Rock Bands Of All Time

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Ben Zonia

The 10 Worst Classic Rock Bands Of All Time

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri May 08, 2020 3:17 pm

OK, it says Best not Worst. But I only agree with two or three of them at the most.

https://whatculture.com/music/10-greate ... f-all-time

I wonder what they would come up with if they asked women.

The Monkees for sure. Almost every woman I've ever known over 55 loved The Monkees, particularly "Daydream Believer". Fleetwood Mac, and many female solo acts are frequently also their favorites.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: The 10 Worst Classic Rock Bands Of All Time

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 08, 2020 7:21 pm

The all time WORST for me? That's easy....

REO SPEEDWAGON!!! Absolutely hate them to the core.

Second worst on my list? Probably Journey.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Fri May 08, 2020 7:29 pm

I think it's different depending on if you were able to hear these bands from when their music was first released and as they evolved vs. being first exposed to them years later when all that was being played were their top hits, over and over and over again. I blame no one for hating bands that they only got to experience years later. The times had changed as did the relevance of their music.

Back in the day though, when the music was new, it fit much better with those times and was - dare I say it - good!

matt1

Post by matt1 » Fri May 08, 2020 11:15 pm

The first 3 albums by REO Speedwagon, their debut (1971), "Two" (1972) & "Ridin' The Storm Out" (1973) are great!!! "Life As We Know It" (1987) & "The Earth, A Small Man And His Chicken" (1990) are indeed their WORST!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic