Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Country music dead??

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
matt1

Country music dead??

Post by matt1 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:01 am

Well so says Loretta Lynn (who Detroit's own Jack White produced back then) https://www.stereogum.com/2072148/loret ... dead/news/

Deleted User 4520

Re: Country music dead??

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:22 am

Personally I believe it is. Stuff on country radio really isn't country anymore. It has a whole different sound and vibe that doesn't resonate with me. That's why I listen to DUKE FM.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:32 am

I agree with Loretta!

Too much crap on country radio and on the god awful Awards shows these days is nothing more than synthetic pop music. The only thing making such music "country" is a lead singer with a southern accent.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:29 pm

I think Country replaced AC and Rock, because AC became full of CHR garbage like Katy Perry/Lady Gaga, and Rock became too angry sounding without good hooks.

Is it dead, no. It is different, yes.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:26 pm

Todayès country is just rock n roll with cowboy hats.

I sometimes at night listen to WSM from Nashville. They play the authentic, classic country music.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:23 pm

Country has evolved. Rock is the one thats dead. Most younger country fans dont like the old stuff like Merle Haggard or Kenny Rogers. Its a bit too honky-tonk truck-stoppy for them.
Theres very little new rock being heard and the rock audience is smaller than ever. Country was in the background so long that it had the most to gain and the most room for that evolution.
People lost interest in rock. Those who werent interested in rap or electronica went to country for something new.
Country has picked up strength in.the suburbs with audiences that once were into pop or rock. Pop went more urban and hip hop in approach while rock has been fading off.
Long story short: country is becoming mainstream rocks replacement.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:34 am

Exactly.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:53 am

According to new research country radio listening is increasing. The evolution of the format is bringing in new and younger listeners. Formats evolve or die...

kager

Post by kager » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:56 am

Today's 'country' may have its roots in both rock and C&W, but it's a bastard child that does neither genre proud.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic