Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Sound Of Silence - Disturbed

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Bryce

The Sound Of Silence - Disturbed

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:40 pm

The other night while binge watching The Blacklist on Netflix, I heard a cover of The Sound Of Silence. This was one of the few instances where a cover blew me away. After a little "Google Research" I found the cover was done by a heavy metal band out of Chicago by the name of Disturbed.

Granted, I'm not a heavy metal maven, but was still surprised I had never heard of them before. After quite a few listens, I'm still haunted by their cover. Have I been living under a rock not to be aware of these guys? Anyone suggest other songs in their library worth a listen?

Thanks...

Oh here's the cover:

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Re: The Sound Of Silence - Disturbed

Post by km1125 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:38 am

Don't like much of their other music, but they knocked this one out of the park. Look for the youtubes where they discuss the development and production of this song. Very interesting, along with some commentary from Paul Simon.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:36 am

km1125 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:38 am
Don't like much of their other music, but they knocked this one out of the park. Look for the youtubes where they discuss the development and production of this song. Very interesting, along with some commentary from Paul Simon.
Thanks for the head up on that. Was pretty interesting to see the guy developed his chops in part because his father was a Cantor. He also did some Operatic things in college.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:16 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:40 pm
The other night while binge watching The Blacklist on Netflix, I heard a cover of The Sound Of Silence. This was one of the few instances where a cover blew me away. After a little "Google Research" I found the cover was done by a heavy metal band out of Chicago by the name of Disturbed.

Granted, I'm not a heavy metal maven, but was still surprised I had never heard of them before. After quite a few listens, I'm still haunted by their cover. Have I been living under a rock not to be aware of these guys? Anyone suggest other songs in their library worth a listen?

Thanks...

Oh here's the cover:

With all due respect, yes, you’ve been living under a rock. Disturbed has been around for the past 20 years or so. Staple of active rock radio. They’ve done a couple of other covers but none as good as this one, which is my favorite song from them. They performed this song on “Conan” and it just exploded. Go on YouTube and search them for their other hits and covers

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic