Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Favorite James Bond Theme

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
sfpcc

Favorite James Bond Theme

Post by sfpcc » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:16 pm

Does anyone out there have a favorite James Bond Theme? I guess mine would be Nobody Does It Better by Carly Simon, (The Spy Who Loved Me)
or Shirley Bassey's Goldfinger. They capture pretty well the times in which those films were made.

matt1

Re: Favorite James Bond Theme

Post by matt1 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:40 pm

"For Your Eyes Only" by Sheena Easton (October 1981) because that was my late mom's favorite. Sheena Easton last album was "Fabulous" in 2001 but nothing since then.

moldyoldie

Re: Favorite James Bond Theme

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:57 am

"You Only Live Twice" - Nancy Sinatra

A beautiful tune of cascading notes that weaves itself throughout my favorite Bond film with my favorite "lair of evil" (a space launch pad and mission control inside a faux volcano), my favorite flying Bond gadget (Little Nelly), and my favorite Ernst Blofeld (Donald Pleasance - "KILL BOND...NOW!"). Not to mention the beautiful Japanese milieu and subservient bikini-clad women! :smokin I saw it several times during its original theatrical release. Yes, I think the song holds up well on its own.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic