Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Favorite Act at the Original Woodstock

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
moldyoldie

Favorite Act at the Original Woodstock

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:34 am

Even if you weren't there during the '69 Summer of Love, it was documented in a popular film and two top-selling albums. Many of the performances have become iconic and have reverberated through the decades. As tough as it may be to decide, is there one act from the original Woodstock festival that you could call your absolute favorite? Not "the best", not "the most popular", but your favorite?

Mine would have to be "I'm Coming Home" by Ten Years After. As much as I've come to dislike extended rhythmic interludes, it seems to work here as Alvin Lee's visual countenance and inspired throwback to traditional rock and blues is a treat for the eyes and ears, always has been.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

FET-500

Re: Favorite Act at the Original Woodstock

Post by FET-500 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:08 pm

Agreed. I saw Alvin at Cobo. I wish I'd seen him more.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:17 pm

Santana.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:19 pm

Sha Na Na

matt1

Post by matt1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:54 am

Santana over The Who

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:50 am

As ramshackle a performance as it was musically, my close runner-up has to be Joe Cocker performing The Beatles' "With a Little Help From My Friends". Who'd think one could squeeze so much soul out of such a simple tune?!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic