Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Top 10 Groups or Artist You Can’t Stand

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Deleted User 4520

Re: Top 10 Groups or Artist You Can’t Stand

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:03 am

In no particular order... I'll fill in the blanks later.

1. Beyonce
2. Justin Beiber
3. Taylor Swift
4. Kid Rock

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:54 am

Foreigner
John Cougar Mellencamp
Billy Joel
Bryan Adams
Kid Rock (I don’t want to hear your politics, dipshit)
Ted Nugent (Ditto)
Dave Matthews Band
Nickelback
Hall and Oates
Culture Club

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:54 pm

1. Ac/Dc. Most annoying vocalists ever. Both sound like they touched a hot stove or stepped on a fire. And their songs all sound the same, 70s to 90s.
2. Taylor Swift. Cliche-ridden songwriting at an elementary level. Also not as great a singer as the studio makes her sound.
3.U2. Ok, we get it. You created a contemporary, innovative sound in the early 80s. Then you stuck with it, making a career out of 1 sound. Pretentious, overhyped, and that allowed Bonos ego to expand too much. I wonder if the Edge can even play solos.
4.Green Day. An irreverant 3 chord pseudo-novelty act that somehow decided to make serious statements. Boring, overplayed, and too high a level of self-importance. People who got popular by singing about being dumb and now are on every station treated as prophets.
5. John Lennon. See above. Another druggie with an inflated ego treated as the voice of a generation. He was ok in the Beatles. Afterwards, he was an obnoxious, arrogant asshole with boring songs.
6.Sean Paul. To paraphrase one of his hits, sexy ladies wont ball with him.. My guess is its because he cant sing. Smoke less dope, take more vocal lessons.
7.coldplay. Not as stale as U2 but just as overhyped. And pretentious. At least they had more ideas and musical vision.
8. Bon Jovi. Overplayed. Tired. Stale. Ive had enough of them to last a lifetime.
9. Boston. A talented band musically. But another casualty of burnout.
10. Bad Company. A band I tried so hard to like but just couldnt. Their songs bore me. Normally, they are the kind of band I would like but nothing they do interests me.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:03 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:46 pm
There's not a lot of music I don't care for, so I'll give my top 5 least favorite acts.

1. Tom Waits- Guy can't sing at all and don't know how he's considered at times to be one of the best singers of all time.

2. Bob Dylan- one of the best writers of his time but for the most part, can't sing at all. I especially don't like the high pitch yodel in All I Really Want to Do. His voice gets more like Tom Waits as he gets older. I do like Lay Lady Lady and Knockin on Heaven's Door though.

3. Michael Bolton- He tries way too hard to belt out songs. His voice isn't bad when he's not belting, but as soon as he belts, he sounds like he's in extreme pain.

4. Cheryl Lynn- a one-hit-wonder known for Got to be Real. The song starts out bad but gets worse over time. 2 minutes of OK singing at best turns into 3 minutes at the end of nails on a chalkboard. Again, trying way too hard to belt out.

5. - David Lee Roth- His voice is decent for the type of music he plays, but I get tired of his grunts and squeals in some of his songs.
RE: #4. That applies to every Natalie Cole song. They start out pleasant with nice backing music. By the end of the song, she would oversing, drowning out the instruments and hitting unneccesary, high notes to show off her range. She didnt understand that sometimes less is more and ruined all her songs with excess and not letting the music breath a little.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:22 pm

My list:
1. Celine Dion (absolutely HATE her music!)
2. Michael Bolton
3. Chicago
4. REO Speedwagon
5. Journey
6. Queen
7. Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance and all other faux punk / EMO acts
8. Nickelback
9. Pink Floyd (nearly all of their singles put me to sleep)
10. Sam Hunt

Dishonorable mention:
Everclear, Third Eye Blind, Hootie and the Blowfish, Sam Hunt, Florida Georgia Line, Dan + Shay, B52s, The Clash, Bob Seger (his early stuff is GREAT but his later material is f*cking terrible), Roy Orbison, Night Ranger, Taylor Swift, Pink, Justin Timberlake, Pharrell Williams.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:42 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:22 pm
My list:
1. Celine Dion (absolutely HATE her music!)
2. Michael Bolton
3. Chicago
4. REO Speedwagon
5. Journey
6. Queen
7. Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance and all other faux punk / EMO acts
8. Nickelback
9. Pink Floyd (nearly all of their singles put me to sleep)
10. Sam Hunt

Dishonorable mention:
Everclear, Third Eye Blind, Hootie and the Blowfish, Sam Hunt, Florida Georgia Line, Dan + Shay, B52s, The Clash, Bob Seger (his early stuff is GREAT but his later material is f*cking terrible), Roy Orbison, Night Ranger, Taylor Swift, Pink, Justin Timberlake, Pharrell Williams.
I've been really tired of Panic! at the Disco's "High Hopes" for about a year now. Fall Out Boy was somewhat OK in their earlier years, but they've gotten worse over the past few years.

DEFINETELY agree that I don't care for Sam Hunt, especially Body Like a Backroad, which I don't even consider country at all. I'll also put FGL and Jake Owen in the same category of faux country singers as well.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:17 am

Allow me an update. Lets take out Boston, who may be burned to a crisp on overplay but at least were good musicians.
Replace them with the Beastie Boys.
I actually cannot think of 1 song from them that I like.
25 years ago I was at summer camp and someone in our cabin brought Beastie cds and blasted them all day long. Ive heard enough of their music to know if I like any of it.

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:08 pm

I don't like rap period, there annoying.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:29 am

WZRC 1067 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:08 pm
I don't like rap period, there annoying.
Some of it was fun in the early days, before it took itself too seriously and became a cesspool of violent filth.
LL Cool J, The Fresh Prince, MC Hammer-guys like that were entertaining to some extent. They werent mumbling the N word and talking about getting high.
I mean, yeah, there was 2 Live Crew. The filthiest of the bunch. But I still think they were more tongue-in-cheek and intentionally aiming for shock value. And I think a lot of it wasnt supposed to be taken at face value.
Todays filth, though, is supposed to be. And it isnt as good musically. No flow, piss-poor delivery, not even a clever use of samples. At least LL Cool J had some attempt at songcraft.

windsor

Post by windsor » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:19 pm

Here's mine

Bruce Springsteen
John Cougar
Guess Who
Def Lep
Pink Floyd
Great White
REO
Styx
Journey
Foreighner
Nickelback
Chili Peppers
NIN
Beatles
Genesis
Greenday
Sorry I forgot it was only 10...lol.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:05 am

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:46 pm
3. Michael Bolton- He tries way too hard to belt out songs. His voice isn't bad when he's not belting, but as soon as he belts, he sounds like he's in extreme pain.
Before Michael Bolton became known for belting, he actually released a couple of hard rock albums

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:04 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:24 pm
I may get castrated for this one, but...Bob Seger. Seger could make an album of him farting on a snare drum (which would be an improvement), and it would be a local holiday. WCSX would broadcast from his home and play new cuts from the album (the only artist they do that for). And I'll be damned if I see the attraction. He is largely irrelevant nationwide, and really only has a smattering of hit songs and albums. Basement dweller of the charts for years. Just another cog in the AOR wheel. Why he is so celebrated is beyond me. I just don't get it. I mean, what other FM station in their right mind would play 24 hours of Seger? I could take all his true hits and not even fill up a blank CD; an EP would suffice for the tracks I actually like. Then he announces another retirement tour and it's like the Second Coming of Christ. After 34 years, I don't think I'll ever get the attraction.

Amen to that. Also, add in John Fogerty and Bruce Springsteen

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:59 pm

I'm one of those morons who can separate the art from the artist. I may not like Ted Nugent's politics, but that doesn't stop me from cranking songs like Workin Hard Playin Hard and Free For All. Even have an autographed Weekend Warriors album. A good song is a good song is a good song.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:35 pm

I'll add just a few bands I haven't seen mentioned here:

-The Police. Outside of Every Breath you Take, I absolutely cannot stand any of their other music.

-The Black Eyed Peas. YUCK! I've Got a Feeling....that every song they sing is gonna suck. Also, remember their Super Bowl halftime show? Arguably worst in history.

-The Bengals. Hazy Shade of Winter is ok. That's it.

-David Bowie. So many songs to pick from. And I don't like any of them.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:54 am

Actually it's The Bangles NOT The Bengals. I also don't like Michael Bolton doing opera!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic