Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New WKYC logo

Hey, some of us like to talk about happenings in other areas of the country, too. Here's the place to do it.
Deleted User 7620

New WKYC logo

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:08 pm

https://youtu.be/8059rtM07uQ

WKYC got a new logo, along with new graphics and set. I hate the new logo. Hate it! And they removed the NBC peacock from the ‘3’ yet again. Ugh!!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: New WKYC logo

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:40 am

Absolutely awful!!!

Tegna appears to be doing its best to ruin this station. That morning show rebrand just screams fluff and insipidness.

Myron Falwell

Post by Myron Falwell » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:31 pm

This was done by the station itself, not by Tegna.

And for those who want to hate on it, I’d take it over the Boring McGraphics from Scripps, Sinclair, Fox and Nexstar, hands down. The promos have a European vibe to them and is unlike anything that has ever been attempted on US broadcast television.

What I’m not a fan of is the fluff and non-news actually in the news, but that’s an industry-wide crisis.
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:08 pm
And they removed the NBC peacock from the ‘3’ yet again. Ugh!!!
The “3” and the NBC peacock rotate every five seconds on the newscast L3s. And most promotional graphics have the peacock visually present with that “3”.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:47 am

I like the Nexstar graphics package a lot.

The FOX package has variations that differ a bit from station to station. WJBK's version is OK...nothing special.

Sinclair's stuff looks fine on their smaller market TV stations but is overly simplistic for their larger market stations; I do like that "look" on their weather graphics.

My favorite graphics by far are those found on Graham Media Group stations; the recent refresh is outstanding!

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:58 pm

I wonder how long it will take before Cleveland's hospitals are overrun with seizure patients!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic