Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

cumulus unloads 770 wabc

Hey, some of us like to talk about happenings in other areas of the country, too. Here's the place to do it.
tigerwings

Re: cumulus unloads 770 wabc

Post by tigerwings » Wed May 06, 2020 3:51 pm

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:10 pm

Ed Joseph wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:30 pm
RingtailedFox wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:42 am
it's a fire sale! legendary radio stations at legendary prices! we're in debt up to our eyeballs and gotta raise some cash FAST! so come get some deals before they, like we, are gone forever!

:P
Radio *could* actually be a lot better when they, and other large chains, cease to exist AND more stations return to local ownership. The problem is, groups like EMF will probably buy most of them. I mean, like we really *need* K-Love on 95 of the 101 available frequencies.
About your last point...agreed. It is a massive crock of shit. They should be relegated to the 88-91 frequencies only. If they get to be after 92, then commercial broadcasters should get a shot on the non-comm band.

There's some kind of religious station broadcasting a few miles north at 106.5 that has such

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:55 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:10 pm
Ed Joseph wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:30 pm
RingtailedFox wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:42 am
it's a fire sale! legendary radio stations at legendary prices! we're in debt up to our eyeballs and gotta raise some cash FAST! so come get some deals before they, like we, are gone forever!

:P
Radio *could* actually be a lot better when they, and other large chains, cease to exist AND more stations return to local ownership. The problem is, groups like EMF will probably buy most of them. I mean, like we really *need* K-Love on 95 of the 101 available frequencies.
About your last point...agreed. It is a massive crock of shit. They should be relegated to the 88-91 frequencies only. If they get to be after 92, then commercial broadcasters should get a shot on the non-comm band.

There's some kind of religious station broadcasting a few miles north at 106.5 that has such
I agree, a good example in Detroit WDET should be on the non-com part of the FM band as well. 101.9 should be for a commercial station. And I agree put commercial stations on the 88-92 part of the FM band as well just like Canada, this could relieve some band crowding in some areas of the country.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic