Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

All Local Sports All The Time.

Hey, some of us like to talk about happenings in other areas of the country, too. Here's the place to do it.
Turkeytop

All Local Sports All The Time.

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:18 pm

I don't believe there's another station quite like this one anywhere in Canada. It's called CFVZ-FM, a low powered outlet located in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.

What's different about this tiny place is that it appears it's only on the air when what its licenced to broadcast is happening. I'm assuming from what I see of the CRTC rules, it's otherwise mostly silent. According to the Commission, the station, owned by Moose Jaw Tier 1 Hockey Inc., is bound by the following rules:

The licensee shall use the station solely for the purpose of broadcasting the hockey games of the Moose Jaw Warriors and the baseball games of the Moose Jaw Millers, fastball games from Memorial Field, and selected Moose Jaw High School athletic events. This would include all pre and post game shows, and a one-hour noon-time program broadcast Monday to Friday related to the promotion of events and games of the hockey club

The licensee shall not broadcast musical selections, except as incidental background music.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

windsorjoe

Re: All Local Sports All The Time.

Post by windsorjoe » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:35 pm

Cool find!

Dr. Sandi

Post by Dr. Sandi » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:15 pm

Ironically, if anybody still had a portable radio, they could listen to the play by play as they watched the game in progress. Just like back in the day.

GenX lives at SuperCFL 94.5 HD4 Olympia - Streaming at http://supercfl.ddns.net:20110

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:39 pm

Dr. Sandi wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:15 pm
Ironically, if anybody still had a portable radio, they could listen to the play by play as they watched the game in progress. Just like back in the day.
I still have and use several portable radios, but zero interest in sports.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic