Acceptable registrations in the queue through October 17 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
bmw
Posts: 2397
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Post by bmw » Sun May 03, 2020 9:23 pm

Just asking. Is the following 30-day posting behavior considered acceptable? One particular user here (I won't mention any names) used the word "gay" 49 times in the past 30 days.

================================

That is just... a REALLY gay complaint.

Darwin was a racist, and probably gay.

Paying for them to go to college, with funds that don’t exist, is gay

Collaborating on Town Halls is so gay.

Apparently she compared Kroger clerks to WWII veterans. So gay.

But the media won’t call her out on it because it’s gay too.

Science says the lockdown was gay to begin with.

Censorship is so gay.

Looking back, this will be viewed as the biggest overreaction in human history. So gay.

Hypocrisy is so gay.

For the record, I’ve never violated “gay at home” orders.

Interviewing people with a microphone attached to a 10 foot or longer boom is gay.

Causing economic catastrophe because a few people got sick is so gay.

Even the tree-hugging faggots have to admit that this year’s “celebration” is gay.

It’s just that most of the people who had COVID-19 or COVID-19-like symptoms at TV5 have been gay.

I think most people agree that parades are gay. So gay.

I’ve never seen any parade that wasn’t gay.

Let me make this perfectly queer, protesting often brings the opposite reaction than the protesters intended to get. So gay.

It was the largest gay pride rally Michigan has ever seen. So many homosexuals letting the work know how much they enjoy sodomy. So gay.

I thought you were more of a butt guy. A male butt guy. So gay.

However, all protesters, from all cultures, look gay.

In the meantime, watch Ryan Slocum and his gay buddies video chat about WWF!

You would have had a difficult time under Hitler. He didn’t like inbred, gay, retarded people.

If you want to talk like that with your gay pals, go ahead.

He’s so gay.

He’s been promoted to transportation correspondent. So gay! He really is!!!

She said quarantine is like being in jail. “It's mostly because I've been wearing the same clothes for 10 days and everyone in here is gay."

The other companies pay their employees as usual, announce no forced unpaid time off and you bash them. So gay.

No hand-washing, coughing and sneezing on everyone else, packing public transportation. Just gross and gay.

They’re gay.

I’ll take all the gay I can get, sailor!

Is that publication just a dumping ground for gay propaganda?

That’s more Ross Matthews gay.

When he’s not doing public relations to get the Ghetto Bucs a new locker room, he’s doing vlogs with his gay comic con (sorry for the redundancy) buddies about men wrestling in their underwear.

Face masks are gay.

Home made face masks are striped knee socks, tennis shorts, gold chain over turtle neck, fanny pack gay.

Restricting anyone’s freedom to travel is gay.

No masks on reporters or anchors. None of them working from home in that story. So gay.

Here’s the next gay thing they’ll do, anchor news from home wearing face masks.

Butt-kissers are gay.

I refuse to wear a mask. Why? Because they’re gay.

Men sodomizing each other is less gay than curfews.

Watching a man get sodomized would be less gay than that.

Oh, and curfews are gay too.

You can’t be VP if your P doesn’t win, Silly. So gay. That’s the best you got? So lame. One doesn’t run for VP, silly. So gay.

He’ll probably be replaced by Jay Towers. So gay.



Rate This
Posts: 5794
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Post by Rate This » Sun May 03, 2020 10:14 pm

You would hope not.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 3652
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Post by Bryce » Mon May 04, 2020 9:49 am

I would be the last person on this board to come to the defense of the bot in question, however:

Webster's

Pronunciation: gā

1. Excited with merriment; manifesting sportiveness or delight; inspiring delight; livery; merry.
Belinda smiled, and all the world was gay.
- Pope.
Gay hope is theirs by fancy fed.
- Gray.
2. Brilliant in colors; splendid; fine; richly dressed.
Why is my neighbor's wife so gay?
- Chaucer.
A bevy of fair women, richly gay
In gems and wanton dress!
- Milton.
3. Loose; dissipated; lewd.
n. 1. An ornament


Are you certain Nancy didn't think the sign on the door said SALOON instead of Salon?

Rate This
Posts: 5794
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Post by Rate This » Mon May 04, 2020 10:49 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:49 am
I would be the last person on this board to come to the defense of the bot in question, however:

Webster's

Pronunciation: gā

1. Excited with merriment; manifesting sportiveness or delight; inspiring delight; livery; merry.
Belinda smiled, and all the world was gay.
- Pope.
Gay hope is theirs by fancy fed.
- Gray.
2. Brilliant in colors; splendid; fine; richly dressed.
Why is my neighbor's wife so gay?
- Chaucer.
A bevy of fair women, richly gay
In gems and wanton dress!
- Milton.
3. Loose; dissipated; lewd.
n. 1. An ornament
Would you like me to define archaic for you? That’s what’s listed but it isn’t used that way anymore.



bmw
Posts: 2397
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Post by bmw » Mon May 04, 2020 10:58 am

That definition is straight from the 1923 vintage edition. The 2020 definition is as follows:

1a: of, relating to, or characterized by sexual or romatic attraction to people of one's same sex
1b: of, relating to, or intended for people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, etc.
2a: happily excited
2b: keenly alive and exuberant
3a: BRIGHT, LIVELY
3b: brilliant in color
4: given to social pleasures

Context is important. When I see a phrase like "gross and gay," what I see is a clear insult of people who meet definition #1 above. Moreover, nearly every single use of that word in the above quoted posts is used in a negative context. How that person's posts can be interpreted as anything other than gay bashing is beyond me.



Rate This
Posts: 5794
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Post by Rate This » Mon May 04, 2020 11:31 am

bmw wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:58 am
That definition is straight from the 1923 vintage edition. The 2020 definition is as follows:

1a: of, relating to, or characterized by sexual or romatic attraction to people of one's same sex
1b: of, relating to, or intended for people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, etc.
2a: happily excited
2b: keenly alive and exuberant
3a: BRIGHT, LIVELY
3b: brilliant in color
4: given to social pleasures

Context is important. When I see a phrase like "gross and gay," what I see is a clear insult of people who meet definition #1 above. Moreover, nearly every single use of that word in the above quoted posts is used in a negative context. How that person's posts can be interpreted as anything other than gay bashing is beyond me.
I’ll second that opinion.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 3652
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Post by Bryce » Mon May 04, 2020 11:49 am

Leave it to a special interest group to fuck up a perfectly good word.


Are you certain Nancy didn't think the sign on the door said SALOON instead of Salon?

User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Post by Honeyman » Mon May 04, 2020 11:51 am

You're 100% correct, bmw. It's a textbook example of trolling, and clearly demeans a specific group of individuals. I've brought it up before and apparently, MW is not concerned....and it's his boat.

FWIW, I've muted this troll and am not missing a thing since it never has anything worthwhile to offer. My advice would be to do the same.



Rate This
Posts: 5794
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Post by Rate This » Mon May 04, 2020 12:41 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:49 am
Leave it to a special interest group to fuck up a perfectly good word.
It happened around 1975 or 1980.. where were you?



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Post by audiophile » Mon May 04, 2020 1:16 pm

I don't think so.


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

***If Dem's want to pack the Supreme Court - Send Dem packing!***

Rate This
Posts: 5794
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Post by Rate This » Mon May 04, 2020 8:16 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:16 pm
I don't think so.
Gay hasn’t meant happy in decades... many decades...



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Post by audiophile » Mon May 04, 2020 9:33 pm

I remember being in physics class when the teacher referred a story problem about a gay whistle and distance. It wasn't in the 70's or 1980 or prior to that.


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

***If Dem's want to pack the Supreme Court - Send Dem packing!***

Rate This
Posts: 5794
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Post by Rate This » Mon May 04, 2020 10:27 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:33 pm
I remember being in physics class when the teacher referred a story problem about a gay whistle and distance. It wasn't in the 70's or 1980 or prior to that.
An old teacher perhaps.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 3652
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Post by Bryce » Tue May 05, 2020 10:49 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:16 pm
audiophile wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:16 pm
I don't think so.
Gay hasn’t meant happy in decades... many decades...
Why? The word homosexual didn't work anymore? People were unclear as to the meaning of homosexual?


Are you certain Nancy didn't think the sign on the door said SALOON instead of Salon?

User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Is this posting behavior acceptable?

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 05, 2020 11:11 am

How did "queer" get back in vogue? Seemed like that used to be a demeaning term.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic