Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What does it take to get banned from this board?

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
Realist

Re: What does it take to get banned from this board?

Post by Realist » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:23 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:47 pm
I have better things to do than to babysit (i.e. censor) on behalf of a handful of overly sensitive adults.
I’ve been on this board for YEARS (had another username). You banned Rage and ListenBuddy for far less than this, ESPECIALLY after they started using homophobic names...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:40 pm

Realist wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:23 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
I have better things to do than to babysit (i.e. censor) on behalf of a handful of overly sensitive adults.
I’ve been on this board for YEARS (had another username). You banned Rage and ListenBuddy for far less than this, ESPECIALLY after they started using homophobic names...
Thank you!

Maybe if others like yourself speak out we can get this repulsive troll outta here!!

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:09 am

Realist wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
What a whiny little baby you are... "But 15 years ago you were different..." Rage wasn't banned. Rage quit. Admit it, you babies don't like LL101's opinions so you want him/her gone. You're pathetic and MW has spoken.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:49 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:09 am
Realist wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
What a whiny little baby you are... "But 15 years ago you were different..." Rage wasn't banned. Rage quit. Admit it, you babies don't like LL101's opinions so you want him/her gone. You're pathetic and MW has spoken.
And you’ve never stopped being the smug know it all SOB that you have always been, kid...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:11 am

Rage quit after making threats toward Pennsylvania ave.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:33 am

Realist wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:49 am
Matt wrote:
Realist wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
And you’ve never stopped being the smug know it all SOB that you have always been, kid...
First off, thanks for the passive aggressive compliment. I'm 37, not quite a kid, but I'll take it!

Now being serious, it is clear that you are dealing with suppressed anger resulting from my posts. Are you ok? I would hope that a decade and a half into (almost) of being a member of this board, I would think that you would have realized that the written word misses some of the nuances of an actual spoken conversation.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:23 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:33 am
Realist wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:49 am
Matt wrote:
Realist wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
First off, thanks for the passive aggressive compliment. I'm 37, not quite a kid, but I'll take it!

Now being serious, it is clear that you are dealing with suppressed anger resulting from my posts. Are you ok? I would hope that a decade and a half into (almost) of being a member of this board, I would think that you would have realized that the written word misses some of the nuances of an actual spoken conversation.
You were a brash, fresh out of UM grad when you started on this board. Not much has changed - and your writings here lately have shown you’ve gotten worse. Calling someone a cunt on this board regularly shows immaturity...

Don’t have anger issues over you but i don’t forget things either.

Btw - who was the person, besides Listen Buddy, that got into it all the time with Rage / All Night Idiot Show / and all his other aliases?

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:47 am

Hell Realist, most of us long timers had a feud with Rage at one point or another.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:15 am

I understand MW not wanting to "babysit" adults.
But if he has banned people in the past and created the Douche Bag Repository he has created a culture where folks can express concerns and hope for resolution of those concerns.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:22 am

Bottom line, this is MW's board. He pays the bills. He can run it as he pleases. We are guests in his house. If you don't like how he runs things, you're free to start your own message board and set your own rules. Not that I haven't made suggestions from time to time, but at the end of the day it ain't my house. If we're that upset with the arrangements, we all know where the door is.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:15 am

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:22 am
Bottom line, this is MW's board. He pays the bills. He can run it as he pleases. We are guests in his house. If you don't like how he runs things, you're free to start your own message board and set your own rules. Not that I haven't made suggestions from time to time, but at the end of the day it ain't my house. If we're that upset with the arrangements, we all know where the door is.
Fair point except rather than a house its a bit more like a hotel. You don't need customers to have a house but you need customers to have a hotel.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:44 pm

I'm not sure even a hotel is a good analogy as most people usually only stay in a hotel for a few days. I would use the analogy of an apartment complex. The landlord of the complex sets the rules and has sole discretion how to deal with complaints from tenants. That said, if enough tenants complain about one tenant in particular - either that said tenant is too loud or disruptive or whatever and is becoming a nuisance, if enough people complain and nothing is done about it, EVENTUALLY the risk of people moving out and/or other people staying away starts to increase. Now maybe MW doesn't care if long-time visitors leave (I'll be honest, I very nearly left last year because the trolls were nearly running the place), but that certainly is what could happen. And yes - there's an ignore feature, but it is pretty useless in that you still see the user's posts if you're browsing while logged out, and even if logged in, you still see other people's responses to the blocked person.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:44 pm
I'm not sure even a hotel is a good analogy as most people usually only stay in a hotel for a few days. I would use the analogy of an apartment complex. The landlord of the complex sets the rules and has sole discretion how to deal with complaints from tenants. That said, if enough tenants complain about one tenant in particular - either that said tenant is too loud or disruptive or whatever and is becoming a nuisance, if enough people complain and nothing is done about it, EVENTUALLY the risk of people moving out and/or other people staying away starts to increase. Now maybe MW doesn't care if long-time visitors leave (I'll be honest, I very nearly left last year because the trolls were nearly running the place), but that certainly is what could happen. And yes - there's an ignore feature, but it is pretty useless in that you still see the user's posts if you're browsing while logged out, and even if logged in, you still see other people's responses to the blocked person.
I find the fact that I can see people I’ve ignored as simply hidden posts is a little too tempting to open them and read it and get sucked in anyways... if I ignore you I don’t want to see your stuff anymore period.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:55 am

Do you suppose MW is 101?
Maybe he's messing with us for his own entertainment? :lol

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:31 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:55 am
Do you suppose MW is 101?
Maybe he's messing with us for his own entertainment? :lol
That thought has crossed my mind...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic