Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

IP Banned? : (

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: IP Banned? : (

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:14 am

The Meijer wifi on Ann Arbor Saline is banned from here.
Probably a VPN issue. Either that, or Sucuri views activity coming from that domain as suspicious for whatever reason.

The only way their IP range would be banned is if a banned user registered his or her account while using their wifi.

Rate This - there's nothing in your IP ranges shown on this thread that is currently on my IP ban list. If you are using a VPN, that might be the issue. Otherwise, I'm stumped.

I do have IP and geoblocking capability (by country) via my Sucuri security software suite, but I've not made any changes to those specifications in at least a couple years.

The below article might be useful:
https://blog.sucuri.net/2023/06/why-you ... ix-it.html

If there are specific IPs you would like for me to whitelist in Sucuri, feel free to send me a private message.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 am

I started having issues yesterday with IP blocking. It seems to happen when I move away from my browser and come back.

It can be remedied by changing VPN locations, and after a while, I can return to a known IP and I have no problem. It's a strange thing that just started.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:59 pm

That's freaky. I will try some things in my control panel to see if that improves the situation.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:12 pm

Add DTW Wi-Fi to the ban list.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:23 pm

Session IP validation is turned off on my site, which is a common culprit for such issues, so I'm at a loss.

It's either an issue with certain Wi-Fi providers (in terms of how they access the internet), or potentially, an issue with my Sucuri software settings.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:06 pm

I'm wonder if Turkeytop is having problems. He's been off for a while.
― Matt

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:20 pm

MW,

Right now my Mozilla browser is being denied but Duck Duck Go and Chrome are fine. Same IP.
― Matt

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:29 pm

I changed a setting on my Sucuri server side security software just now. Hopefully this will reduce the access issues.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic