Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Frequent logouts

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
ZenithCKLW

Frequent logouts

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:02 am

Not sure if anyone else encounters this issue. I visit the board through Firefox on iOS. It is configured to keep me logged in to this website. However, in the past 2 or 3 weeks, I am frequently logged out whenever I click anything to navigate through the site. For instance, I'll log in (again), and it shows I am logged in, then I'll read a thread, and I am logged out again. Or I'll log in, visit a forum section, click Mark Topics Read, and I will be logged out, and when I revisit after logging in again, the topics aren't marked read. Firefox doesn't appear to log me out of any other websites, although this is the only one I try to keep logged in all the time.

This is pretty intermittent, but happens more often than not. It also doesn't happen when I am visiting the site from Firefox on my laptop. Is this happening for anyone else?

Rate This

Re: Frequent logouts

Post by Rate This » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:05 am

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:02 am
Not sure if anyone else encounters this issue. I visit the board through Firefox on iOS. It is configured to keep me logged in to this website. However, in the past 2 or 3 weeks, I am frequently logged out whenever I click anything to navigate through the site. For instance, I'll log in (again), and it shows I am logged in, then I'll read a thread, and I am logged out again. Or I'll log in, visit a forum section, click Mark Topics Read, and I will be logged out, and when I revisit after logging in again, the topics aren't marked read. Firefox doesn't appear to log me out of any other websites, although this is the only one I try to keep logged in all the time.

This is pretty intermittent, but happens more often than not. It also doesn't happen when I am visiting the site from Firefox on my laptop. Is this happening for anyone else?
I’ve gotten this on Safari on iOS for a while now… randomly logs me out after only a little bit. It lets me stay on for the session at least.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:22 am

There are no site or server configuration settings from what I can see that would be causing this issue.

However, I will clear the cache to see if that fixes the problem.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:55 am

Looks like it still happens to me when I mark topics as read. Thanks for checking into it. I assume its an issue on my end. Firefox on iOS went through some recent goofy updates lately and I suspect something broke.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:01 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:22 am
There are no site or server configuration settings from what I can see that would be causing this issue.

However, I will clear the cache to see if that fixes the problem.
Speaking of clearing cache, it actually logs me out when I clear my chrome app's cache

Music is my life.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:25 pm

I nuked Firefox on my phone (cleared all history, cookies, cache, settings) and reset them, and it has been running smooth since I did that, so I think I'll consider this resolved.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:53 am

Speaking of clearing cache, it actually logs me out when I clear my chrome app's cache
That is what's supposed to occur. The server cannot pickup the "cookie" previously placed in your cache.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:42 am

FYI, the issue seems to continue happening, even after "nuking" Firefox on my phone several times. Clearing cache and cookies and all that doesn't seem to resolve the issue anymore, many times it doesn't even temporarily resolve the issue immediately. It seems to be a completely intermittent issue where I simply have to try again later, when it will work fine.

I'm puzzled, but it's not a H*** deal - it makes me put my phone down lol.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:20 am

I'm stumped. I never encounter the issue on my smartphone (which runs Android 13).

I went into my own User Control Panel just now to see if any configurable settings might be causing the issue, and I do not see anything that could be a possible culprit.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:46 pm

Now it's logging me out everytime I open the site, despite clicking remember me

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic