All accepted registrations through October 6 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Server response issues when posting

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
TC Talks

Re: Server response issues when posting

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:38 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:32 pm
Quick update: I've done everything I can do (short of completely disabling Cloudflare) and my hosting company has done everything it can do at this point to improve server response time when posting.

While I think complete disablement of Cloudflare would help greatly, it would make the Buzzboard far more vulnerable to outside attack. That's a risk I'm simply not wiling to take.

Server responsiveness isn't as poor as it was - so progress has been made. In the weeks ahead, I will continue to search for ways to further improve response time when posting.

Regards,

M.W.
the latency issues have been pretty minor in the last week.

© 2019 TC Talks ltd. Assembled in U.S.A.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Let's hope it stays that way. :)

Greta Thunberg is a snot nosed brat who needs to STFU.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:22 am

I was actually going to ask about that. I noticed it often took forever for a post to complete once "submit" was clicked. I do not experience that on other phpBB forums, so I'd say it's 100% at the host end. There have been maybe 3 times where I received a "gateway timeout" error when posting.

Seems as fast as other phpBB sites now though!

WRT GoDaddy... I ran a couple servers with them several years back. Never had any major issues, but I cannot speak for them now. And I ran a 64 player Quake 3 Arena server, not the most taxing, but required fast server response. I also had a Teamspeak and Shoutcast server running on it simultaneously.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:25 am

This issue has reappeared in the past few days.

I'm looking into it and would like to thank everyone for your patience.

Greta Thunberg is a snot nosed brat who needs to STFU.

kager

Post by kager » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:24 pm

30+ secs to post a simple 3-liner in FireFox @ ~4:20pm today.

Doesn't bother me. Just thought I'd let you know...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic