Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Must Haves

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Must Haves

Post by Turkeytop » Mon May 13, 2024 7:54 pm

My vehicle is coming up on four years old this month. Time to start shopping around for a new one.

I don't need luxury. Just basic transportation. But there are a few nice touches I like to have. AC, Cruise control and Satellite radio. But it seems like, if you want any of those things they come as part of a package of other things I don't need. I don't need all wheel drive. I don't need fancy wheels. I don't need blue teeth. If I'm forced to take all that useless stuff just to get what I really want, it adds thousands on to the price of the vehicle.

I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Rate This

Re: Must Haves

Post by Rate This » Mon May 13, 2024 8:31 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:54 pm
My vehicle is coming up on four years old this month. Time to start shopping around for a new one.

I don't need luxury. Just basic transportation. But there are a few nice touches I like to have. AC, Cruise control and Satellite radio. But it seems like, if you want any of those things they come as part of a package of other things I don't need. I don't need all wheel drive. I don't need fancy wheels. I don't need blue teeth. If I'm forced to take all that useless stuff just to get what I really want, it adds thousands on to the price of the vehicle.
Look for something that is a base model.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon May 13, 2024 8:34 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:31 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

Look for something that is a base model.
That's what I would like. But if I want to add the features I want, you can't do that. They want you to upgrade to a fancier model that includes those features plus a lot of other features I don't want.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 13, 2024 9:32 pm

Turkeytop wrote:

I just got a 2024 Blazer a few weeks ago. This replaced a 2022 Equinox (expiring lease) and this one has an AWFUL feature - automatic cruise slowdown. I would recommend you ask the dealer how to switch to "manual" cruise.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 13, 2024 9:42 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:32 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

I just got a 2024 Blazer a few weeks ago. This replaced a 2022 Equinox (expiring lease) and this one has an AWFUL feature - automatic cruise slowdown. I would recommend you ask the dealer how to switch to "manual" cruise.
The adaptive cruise control?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 14, 2024 12:01 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:42 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:32 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

The adaptive cruise control?
Yes, fuck that shit.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 14, 2024 5:58 am

I love adaptive cruise. Set it and forget it and it keeps with flow of traffic without you having to do jack shit except steer.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 14, 2024 10:26 am

zzand wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 5:58 am
I love adaptive cruise. Set it and forget it and it keeps with flow of traffic without you having to do jack shit except steer.
Same here… I had it on a Buick Lacrosse… adjusted to traffic flow and it wasn’t even noticeable. If you get into the open lane it adjusts back to speed. Incredible.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 14, 2024 10:28 am

My last two vehicles had or have it in addition to normal cruise so you have both to choose from.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 14, 2024 11:10 am

zzand wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:28 am
My last two vehicles had or have it in addition to normal cruise so you have both to choose from.
So the adaptive cruise function is able to be turned off so it won’t work in a menu somewhere I take it?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 14, 2024 11:17 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 11:10 am
zzand wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:28 am
So the adaptive cruise function is able to be turned off so it won’t work in a menu somewhere I take it?
Yes, thankfully.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 14, 2024 11:22 am

On mine it is two different buttons on the steering wheel.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 14, 2024 11:35 am

zzand wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 11:22 am
On mine it is two different buttons on the steering wheel.
Interesting… what kind of vehicle do you have?

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue May 14, 2024 8:08 pm

What type of vehicle are you looking for, TT?

We just got 4 brand new 2024 Malibus at work. Really nice car and a massive upgrade from the Focus’ that they replaced

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 14, 2024 9:21 pm

Realist wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:08 pm
What type of vehicle are you looking for, TT?

We just got 4 brand new 2024 Malibus at work. Really nice car and a massive upgrade from the Focus’ that they replaced
My current vehicle is a 2020 Equinox. It's the third Equinox I've owned. Boring, but very reliable. I have always bought vehicles that are Union built in North America. In fact, the Equinox were built right here in Ontario.

But GM has moved production of the Equinox to Mexico. It seems the big three are now building only trucks and luxury SUVs in North America. So, if I have to buy an import, the available selection has just gotten a lot wider.

Some of the Mazda products look interesting and also Mitsubishi. Nothing by Toyota excites me. The Rav 4 is built in Ontario, but it isn't Union made.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic