Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmore Lake House Explosion

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Whitmore Lake House Explosion

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:55 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:50 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:24 pm
About the only one who supports him is Audiophile, and, well, enough said.
Audiophile creeps the fuck out of me. I wouldn't be shocked to see a headline one day about the owner of a radio station getting busted for some gross stuff. I hope his wife takes time to sit down with their kids and ask them some difficult questions.

Cut out the bullshit. Another post like this and you'll be banned permanently from this site.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:55 pm

Getting back to the explosion, this is truly a tragedy:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 078662007/

My heart breaks for this family.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:06 pm

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:10 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:06 pm
Wow

https://archive.ph/m2Je8
I had seen a post on our local area Facebook page but wasn't 100% I should share it here.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:05 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:55 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:24 pm
About the only one who supports him is Audiophile, and, well, enough said.
Audiophile creeps the fuck out of me. I wouldn't be shocked to see a headline one day about the owner of a radio station getting busted for some gross stuff. I hope his wife takes time to sit down with their kids and ask them some difficult questions.

Cut out the bullshit. Another post like this and you'll be banned permanently from this site.
Well, I don't think I will be able to cut it out, so I'm just gonna make it easy on you and delete my account. I had a ton of fun here and there's a lot of cool older dudes here that were fun to bullshit with. Take care!

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:00 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Well, I don't think I will be able to cut it out, so I'm just gonna make it easy on you and delete my account. I had a ton of fun here and there's a lot of cool older dudes here that were fun to bullshit with. Take care!
Me personally arrivederci.

Few things on here bug me more than an interesting conversation being interrupted by an "out of left field" smart aleck comment that contributes nothing to the discussion.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:42 pm

If it was propane.... From work experience, raw industrial propane has the garlic type smell BUT when warmed it can have a sweet smell that wouldn't raise an alarm. Only after a period of time being exposed to it you get a terrific headache. That might be too late if the leak is a good one.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:25 pm

Another difference between propane and natural gas is that natural gas is lighter than air, so it will have more of a tendency to circulate and disperse. That also means if there's a smell it will circulate through the entire facility and make its odor prevalent to any occupants. Whereas propane is much heavier and will concentrate in lower areas like a basement. Gasoline would also concentrate in the lower areas of the house but likely be more noticeable (via smell) than propane.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:54 pm

The level of devastation is what shocks me.
I imagine we have all seen pictures of houses that exploded from gas leaks in the news. I don't remember seeing anything that extensive.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:25 pm

Round Six wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:00 pm
Neckbeard wrote:

Few things on here bug me more than an interesting conversation being interrupted by an "out of left field" smart aleck comment that contributes nothing to the discussion.
I get it, we're on the internet and we all like to be cheeky bastards sometimes, but you just can't say things like that. Not to mention, MW has been through enough with the H(censored) debacle, last thing he needs is trouble because of that. We often forget he operates this board at a loss for us to fuck around on. He lets a lot go, but CP and slurs don't fly.
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:31 pm

Round Six wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:00 pm
Neckbeard wrote:

Getting off topic is a core part of this board, at least it has been for the 18 years I've been here. Sorry you misunderstood the goal here.

Now, the broadcast forums are a bit different.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

kager

Post by kager » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:37 pm

We all need a place to type F*CK, where ever and when ever we want.

Rules, respect and manners be damned.

Oh, and Happy New Year.
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:26 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:31 pm
Getting off topic is a core part of this board, at least it has been for the 18 years I've been here. Sorry you misunderstood the goal here.
[/quote]
You are correct of course. Is it wrong for me to voice my displeasure, knowing full well it don't matter?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:32 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:25 pm
I get it, we're on the internet and we all like to be cheeky bastards sometimes, but you just can't say things like that. Not to mention, MW has been through enough with the H(censored) debacle, last thing he needs is trouble because of that. We often forget he operates this board at a loss for us to fuck around on. He lets a lot go, but CP and slurs don't fly.
Are you serious?
How is what I said any different from the potpourri of comments following the departure of yet another regurgitation of LL?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:10 pm

Round Six wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:32 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:25 pm
Are you serious?
How is what I said any different from the potpourri of comments following the departure of yet another regurgitation of LL?
No, you Edith Bunker descendent. I was talking about Neckbeard.
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic