Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fucking Covid

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Mega Hertz

Fucking Covid

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:39 pm

This shit has been around for, what...three or four years? I had it once in 2021 but didn't even know it. My wife said hers felt like a slight sinus infection. No big deal.

That changed this week.

It finally caught up with us. I was in bed, asleep, from 11 last night until 7:30 tonight. I never get sick. Ever. And I haven't been this sick since I was in high school. Luckily, around then, I was able to get up and get back to "normal", in a sense.

You can feel how you wanna feel about covid, but my God. It absolutely put me down on my ass, literally. Holy shit. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. At least it happened at a convenient time. No plans this weekend, no work until Tuesday.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 9015

Re: Fucking Covid

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:01 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:39 pm
This shit has been around for, what...three or four years? I had it once in 2021 but didn't even know it. My wife said hers felt like a slight sinus infection. No big deal.

That changed this week.

It finally caught up with us. I was in bed, asleep, from 11 last night until 7:30 tonight. I never get sick. Ever. And I haven't been this sick since I was in high school. Luckily, around then, I was able to get up and get back to "normal", in a sense.

You can feel how you wanna feel about covid, but my God. It absolutely put me down on my ass, literally. Holy shit. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. At least it happened at a convenient time. No plans this weekend, no work until Tuesday.
I'm getting over it right now. Watch the cough, last time I had it, I got pneumonia.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:05 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:01 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:39 pm

That changed this week.

I'm getting over it right now. Watch the cough, last time I had it, I got pneumonia.
Get the fuck out...

My aunt (who already has MS and a compromised immune system) got pneumonia, too.

We had gotten the vaccine in 2021, but got cocky the last couple years and didn't get it. I wonder if that's the difference. My wife is over 7 months pregnant so I'm a lot more concerned for her. I can deal with a day of sleep. I gotta be well enough to take care of her.
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:25 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:05 pm
Get the fuck out...

My aunt (who already has MS and a compromised immune system) got pneumonia, too.

We had gotten the vaccine in 2021, but got cocky the last couple years and didn't get it. I wonder if that's the difference. My wife is over 7 months pregnant so I'm a lot more concerned for her. I can deal with a day of sleep. I gotta be well enough to take care of her.
Well, getting vaccinated typically helps you avoid getting sick! I know I wish I would have stayed up on it. This is no bueno.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:12 am

I hope neither of you have lingering effects. Even the newer less potent strains have been suspected of tissue damage in lungs, heart and brain.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:36 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:12 am
I hope neither of you have lingering effects. Even the newer less potent strains have been suspected of tissue damage in lungs, heart and brain.
You can believe we will be seeing our doctors. I mean, barely 24 hours later and I feel back to normal. That's just weird. I didn't catch it during its heyday, and even when I did, I had zero symptoms. I think the lack of vaccine screwed us. My main concern is her and the baby. I need them to both be okay.
-TurkeyTop

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:41 am

My sister just came down with it for the second time. She's vaccinated, but I think members of her husband's family are not and she saw them on Christmas Eve - and I then saw her on Christmas Day, before she started feeling sick. I haven't shown symptoms yet (and I got my latest booster about a month and a half ago) so hopefully if nothing's happened by this point I'm good.
Feel better soon, MHz!

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:22 am

When I got it last year I had symptoms on day one. Woke up say two and felt fine. Nothing wrong but had to wait for negative test to resume life. Took six days to get the negative. Have been vaxxed and two boosters. Doctors orders not to take any more due to side effects from the three I got.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:18 pm

I have had 3 boosters. I travel toomuch to risk going without. Michigan does have quite a bit right now. Fortunately, I am somewhere secluded and the locals believe in science and statistics.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:07 pm

I would be up to date if not under doctor orders not to. As it is I have at least two surgeries to look forward to because of the side effects of those I have gotten

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:36 pm

zzand wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:07 pm
I would be up to date if not under doctor orders not to. As it is I have at least two surgeries to look forward to because of the side effects of those I have gotten
It would be interesting to know why you had side effects while so many didn’t hardly feel it… it sucks and it seems extremely random.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:38 pm

It's amazing that this "lesser strain" absolutely put me on my ass. You know we will be getting our boosters and shots next year. This one was on ourselves.
-TurkeyTop

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:33 pm

It does suck and three different doctors had no rational explanation for me as they were baffled too. Pretty much they said to the effect, everyone is different and your body just didn't like something in the Moderna vaccine and boosters. The hope is after the surgeries I will be able to get back on track with the jabs. Meanwhile I walk with a cane, have dropped 78 pounds, which is a good thing, back to high school weight, and hope to keep it off once surgeries are done.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:12 am

Wow ZZ sorry to hear about this
― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:47 am

After I seeing what the booster did to my dad, I am done with taking boosters. I have an overactive immune system and an undiagnosed immune system issue. I took a booster in November 2021 and also had the regular series.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic