Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tesla Cybertruck is an incapable pile of rubbish

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Motown322

Re: Tesla Cybertruck is an incapable pile of rubbish

Post by Motown322 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:13 pm

Again, it's the answer to a ton of questions nobody asked.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:37 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:13 pm
Again, it's the answer to a ton of questions I didn't ask.
Fixed that. It reminds me of a Yoga Berra quote: 'Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore because it's too crowded.'

They are sold out for a reason, just not one someone from Detroit can understand.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:36 pm

Do you honestly think people are clamoring for a "bulletproof" pickup truck that can also filter mustard gas? It's a status symbol for Musk sycophants and not much else IMO. It's not going to change the game in terms of how people view an electric truck.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:53 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:36 pm
Do you honestly think people are clamoring for a "bulletproof" pickup truck that can also filter mustard gas? It's a status symbol for Musk sycophants and not much else IMO. It's not going to change the game in terms of how people view an electric truck.
How do you qualify this failure? I cite sales as evidence of Cybertruck's success. In one year, I predict it will outsell all other EV pickups.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:30 am

I can think of a couple of reasons we are still not ready for wide adoption of EVs. Cost of course, Gas vehicles are still cheaper but that is changing. Charging network is a biggie. Our country lacks a good coast to coast network. In my area the only chargers are in the homes of EV owners. The power grid is not prepared for the massive increase in usage needed to charge. I can stop and fill up, hit the bathroom and be back on the road in 5 minutes while an EV needs at least 30 minutes to recharge before you can get back on the road. That is a big one that will overcoming. Finally with all the worry over saving the planet no one seems to be willing to discuss the graveyards needed for depleted batteries that can't go into landfills or be recycled.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:32 am

I don't think Rural America is ready for EV. The national infrastructure along the interstates is coming along.

As for recycling, read this... Scrappers would love to get their hands on EV's.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a ... recycling/
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:43 am

Taken from a Jalopnik article. It did say that the study didn't delve into who was at fault in any accident counted.

A new stat has emerged to set Tesla bros alight on social media platforms around the world: Tesla drivers are involved in crashes more than the drivers of any other car brand, a LendingTree analysis reveals.
For its analysis, LendingTree analyzed tens of millions of insurance quotes involving 30 different automakers between the dates November 14, 2022 and November 14, 2023. That study revealed that Tesla drivers have 23.54 accidents per 1,000 drivers; the EV maker is followed by Ram (22.76) and Subaru (20.90)

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:01 am

zzand wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:43 am
Taken from a Jalopnik article. It did say that the study didn't delve into who was at fault in any accident counted.

A new stat has emerged to set Tesla bros alight on social media platforms around the world: Tesla drivers are involved in crashes more than the drivers of any other car brand, a LendingTree analysis reveals.
For its analysis, LendingTree analyzed tens of millions of insurance quotes involving 30 different automakers between the dates November 14, 2022 and November 14, 2023. That study revealed that Tesla drivers have 23.54 accidents per 1,000 drivers; the EV maker is followed by Ram (22.76) and Subaru (20.90)
Wow, Tesla drivers beat out Ram drivers? That's embarrassing...

Again, Tesla underestimated the idiocy of America drivers. I have been in the passenger seat watching the driver do stupid shit...
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:32 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:01 am
zzand wrote:

Again, Tesla underestimated the idiocy of America drivers. I have been in the passenger seat watching the driver do stupid shit...
Because they were arrogant asses who marketed their cars as self driving and it's stuck in the national consciousness. They are simply reaping what they sow. The 2-3 second acceleration also gives them the idea that they can weave through traffic like maniacs and not significantly raise the odds they hit things.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:36 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:32 am
TC Talks wrote:
zzand wrote:

Because they were arrogant asses who marketed their cars as self driving and it's stuck in the national consciousness. They are simply reaping what they sow. The 2-3 second acceleration also gives them the idea that they can weave through traffic like maniacs and not significantly raise the odds they hit things.
Just like the Hellcat, Ferrari, Shelby, etc... Tesla isn't the first car that attracts douchebags.
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:11 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:36 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:32 am
TC Talks wrote:
zzand wrote:

Just like the Hellcat, Ferrari, Shelby, etc... Tesla isn't the first car that attracts douchebags.
It's the first one that is ostensibly not aimed at those folks that attracts them anyways. The thing isn't a sportscar or a supercar... it's just a regular ol car.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:44 pm

I think that TC Talks is either a Tesla fan boy or has invested in the company.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:55 pm

zzand wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:44 pm
Nope, and I dislike Musk and am enjoying his financial implosion.

It's a brilliant car. The factory, built in 1/3 the time of a domestic retooling, stunned my dad (who was in the biz). Tesla as a company is quite impressive, give it's age and who they compete with.

Critics take a shot at tech that is brand new, and it's only issue is related to user error, not design failures. If you consider how few moving parts a Tesla has, and most of it's trouble can be fix with software upgrades, it's a great value.

Sandy really shows the difference between Tesla and a respected domestic EV.

Tesla
https://youtu.be/GFgGnhRZarY?si=pYBJRGf0l1kZHkwk

Cadillac
https://youtu.be/dxWzV3Sln_E?si=ykjhDFUB0iDF-vSm
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:21 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:55 pm
zzand wrote:

It's a brilliant car. The factory, built in 1/3 the time of a domestic retooling, stunned my dad (who was in the biz). Tesla as a company is quite impressive, give it's age and who they compete with.

Critics take a shot at tech that is brand new, and it's only issue is related to user error, not design failures. If you consider how few moving parts a Tesla has, and most of it's trouble can be fix with software upgrades, it's a great value.

Tesla

Cadillac
The Tesla factory IS A RETOOLING of the old NUMMI plant in Fremont.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:38 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:21 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:55 pm
zzand wrote:

Tesla

Cadillac
The Tesla factory IS A RETOOLING of the old NUMMI plant in Fremont.
1/3 the time of GM or Ford
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic