Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tesla Cybertruck is an incapable pile of rubbish

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Re: Tesla Cybertruck is an incapable pile of rubbish

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:01 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:06 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:41 pm
If anyone dares to suggest Tesla is anything less than perfect they are "luddites" in the minds of the Tesla cult.
Indeed. But Tesla has a reputation for build quality issues and exceptionally poor customer service.
The service centers are not bad. Most everything can be fixed with software. Tesla just bought some property in East Lansing, so they are coming to Michigan soon.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:22 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:00 pm
If you have driven one, or spent much time around Tesla, there are things to complain about. But what they got right overshadows the bad.
But when the "bad" is things that virtually every other OEM gets right, it's not so much a matter of the good outweighing the bad as it is of people that spent stupid money on a Tesla convincing themselves that the shit Tesla got wrong doesn't matter. Because the Tesla guys that overlook the shitty build quality with horrible panel fitments and interior pieces falling off would excoriate any other OEM that dared to deliver a car like that for the money they paid and pat themselves on the back for the Tesla purchase because "the software is great"...
Last edited by Motown322 on Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:35 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:22 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:00 pm
If you have driven one, or spent much time around Tesla, there are things to complain about. But what they got right overshadows the bad.
But when the "bad" is things that virtually every other OEM gets right, it's not so much a matter of the good outweighing the bad as it is of people that spent stupid money on a Tesla convincing themselves that the shit Tesla got wrong doesn't matter.
Sounds like it's not a fit for you. I personally believe that GM, Chrysler and Ford are inferior. I am driving my first Honda after a bunch of Toyotas. I would have a Tesla, but I drive long trips often so it's not a fit for me either.

How many Tesla owners do you know? I'm impressed with how happy they are with their cars.

What are your thoughts about Range Rover drivers?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:44 pm

I know 4 Tesla drivers personally. 2 like them but are total fanboys so they'll excuse any flaws. 2 of them are selling theirs as soon as their other electric cars are in (both going to Polestars). I have zero issue with electric vehicles and I'll likely be in one once my current lease is up.

As far as Range Rover drivers go, I think a lot of people that drive new ones overlook a lot of the issues because of the perceived status symbol it portrays (kinda like Tesla). I know a couple people that drive older ('80s and '90s) Range Rovers/Land Rovers but they work on their own cars and are equipped to deal with constantly working on them. They're not daily drivers and it's just accepted that they're vehicles that you gotta work on (basically like any other classic car).

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:23 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:44 pm
I know 4 Tesla drivers personally. 2 like them but are total fanboys so they'll excuse any flaws. 2 of them are selling theirs as soon as their other electric cars are in (both going to Polestars). I have zero issue with electric vehicles and I'll likely be in one once my current lease is up.

As far as Range Rover drivers go, I think a lot of people that drive new ones overlook a lot of the issues because of the perceived status symbol it portrays (kinda like Tesla). I know a couple people that drive older ('80s and '90s) Range Rovers/Land Rovers but they work on their own cars and are equipped to deal with constantly working on them. They're not daily drivers and it's just accepted that they're vehicles that you gotta work on (basically like any other classic car).
My next car will be electric too... just not a Tesla... there are far better vehicles out there for that kind of cash.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:33 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:23 pm
Motown322 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:44 pm

My next car will be electric too... just not a Tesla... there are far better vehicles out there for that kind of cash.
The trouble with every other ev company is the instability. In 5 years, non-Tesla EV will be mainstream, but will Rivian or Polestar be here? Tesla will be unless Elon craters another of his companies.
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:49 am

Polestar will be as it is part of Volvo.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:43 pm

So some questions about electric cars:

1. Looking at Car & Driver, reviews seem to average 250 miles on a charge. How long does it take to charge for another 250 miles?
2. Can you charge it at home?
3. If I go visit someone, does it come with a charger I can use at their house?

Like TCT says, if you do a lot of traveling, just don't seem practical quite yet.
I don't know a lot about it all. But the difference between a 10 minute fill-up and a multi hour charge to go the same distance just jumps out at me.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:16 pm

Round Six wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:43 pm
So some questions about electric cars:

1. Looking at Car & Driver, reviews seem to average 250 miles on a charge. How long does it take to charge for another 250 miles?
2. Can you charge it at home?
3. If I go visit someone, does it come with a charger I can use at their house?

Like TCT says, if you do a lot of traveling, just don't seem practical quite yet.
I don't know a lot about it all. But the difference between a 10 minute fill-up and a multi hour charge to go the same distance just jumps out at me.
I imagine eventually it’ll be 30 minute quick charges every 3-4 hours. That’s enough time to have a meal while it does its thing. Those will probably be commonly paired activities down the line.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:38 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:49 am
So it's a Chinese company.
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:44 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:38 pm
zzand wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:49 am
So it's a Chinese company.
Yes that would be correct.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:12 pm

Looking at a Toyota RAV4 Prime. It's a plug-in hybrid. Over 40 miles on electric, which is perfect for most driving (for me). But you have a full gas tank for longer trips. Maybe in a few years I'll go all electric.
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:38 pm

After watching this, that previous video issue remains the wrong tires for off road.

This thing is bulletproof and has defense against bioweapons.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=c0SwbXte ... GDOKD7ZZqI
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:46 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:38 pm
After watching this, that previous video issue remains the wrong tires for off road.

Fantastic. Useless... but fantastic.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:50 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:46 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:38 pm

Fantastic. Useless... but fantastic.
I just don't see how it can be labeled a pile of rubbish. Sure, it's love or hate like all Teslas, but it's doing a lot of things US trucks don't or can't.

For example, it can filter mustard gas. What prepper doesn't need that?
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic