Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Southwest caters to morbidly obese

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Re: Southwest caters to morbidly obese

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:46 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:15 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:09 pm
km1125 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:48 am
That comes with a cost though... EVERYONE else is paying for those extra seats for those folks!
We are also paying for the subsidized fuel and record profits. Both are far worse.

Matt, its a free world, why complain what a private business chooses to do?
Southwest is publicly traded, not a private company.
Great, complain at a shareholder meeting. Quit being a Karen.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:48 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:32 pm
You'd think if this was a human condition it would be more similar across the globe. Why don't India and China have this issue?

― Matt

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:39 am

Wow, you really don't know do you? Sumo wrestlers train and eat to be that size. Try again.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:21 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:39 am
Wow, you really don't know do you? Sumo wrestlers train and eat to be that size. Try again.
Do you actually think this happened by mistake? This takes H*** amount of investment and planning. Don't marginalize these brave citizen's quest for greatness.

― Matt

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:24 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:21 am
Think I can honestly say I'd rather just cuff the carrot than have sex with someone that big. Even if I myself was that big, I couldn't imagine having the desire to climb that mountain.

Has anyone on here gone to bed with someone that large? It can't be an enjoyable experience. How could any guy look down on something like that and be able to rise to the occasion?

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi0aff
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:40 am

Round Six wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:24 am
TC Talks wrote:
Think I can honestly say I'd rather just cuff the carrot than have sex with someone that big. Even if I myself was that big, I couldn't imagine having the desire to climb that mountain.

Has anyone on here gone to bed with someone that large? It can't be an enjoyable experience. How could any guy look down on something like that and be able to rise to the occasion?

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi0aff
It just depends on what you like and that’s largely hard wired. If nobody liked them they probably wouldn’t exist because the bloodlines that preclude somebody to obesity would die off. A lot of people aren’t picky… if it fits it ships.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:18 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:46 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:17 pm
Fat shaming is totally gross. For those of us advocating for larger people, it is not about embracing a disease. It is saying that some people cannot control their weight due to certain medical conditions. It's really gross that people act like it is okay to demean these people.
Do you think it is good to fat praise? Should someone be proud to be super fat?
No, they should be properly treated by healthcare professionals, but they also should not be discriminated against by airline companies. As has been mentioned in this thread, the seats are far too narrow, I weigh 245(so yeah, not skinny but not morbidly obese) and it is uncomfortable for me. Don't be a corporate shill. Hold all airlines accountable for inadequate space.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:41 pm

Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:18 pm
Matt wrote:
Fat shaming is totally gross. For those of us advocating for larger people, it is not about embracing a disease. It is saying that some people cannot control their weight due to certain medical conditions. It's really gross that people act like it is okay to demean these people.
No, they should be properly treated by healthcare professionals, but they also should not be discriminated against by airline companies. As has been mentioned in this thread, the seats are far too narrow, I weigh 245(so yeah, not skinny but not morbidly obese) and it is uncomfortable for me. Don't be a corporate shill. Hold all airlines accountable for inadequate space.
Today’s inadequate space was yesterday’s adequate space. Is it really hard to work it off? And I don’t mean finding the motivation… but if you were to lift weights, do an hour on the bike and etc would it just stay there anyways? Keep in mind I have a very hard time putting it on…

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:16 pm

I am 6'5" and built like a Viking. I can't fly American or United without my legs getting into the isle. Delta and Southwest, even Spirit are no problem.
― Matt

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:18 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:48 am
You might just consider it's a humane policy for the rest of the passengers. So that THEY aren't forced to sit next to one of these blobs that can't be contained within a normal seat and spillover into the adjacent one.

That comes with a cost though... EVERYONE else is paying for those extra seats for those folks!

And 'being fat' isn't a disease for 99.9% of those folks. Where are all those pro-vaxxer folks who insisted folks get vaxxed to "take a load off the medical care system", and "it's for your own health"?? Why aren't they pretty vocal on this one?
I'll be gladly vocal on this. You are 100 percent correct that it sucks that the rest of us have to cover the tab for the freebies being handed out to the morbidly obese. By no means should they be rewarded for their horrific eating habits.

Southwest Airlines has been poorly run for a while now. I miss the Southwest Airlines of yesteryear.

I have long legs, and when flying coach, I try to get an aisle seat. Emergency row seats work great, too.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:22 pm

Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:18 pm
Matt wrote:
There is no excuse for airlines to have a seat size under 18 inches. That is unreasonable, but people shouldn't buy tickets for planes that have a seat size under 18 inches. This is one of the things that the market can decide on really well if people were willing to do their due diligence. Fat fucks have no excuse for buying an airline ticket for a carrier like American, United, or Delta where coach has 16-17 inch seats without checking to see the seat size for the plane they will be on. They're creating an uncomfortable flying situation for other people. It's this easy.

https://www.seatguru.com/charts/shorthaul_economy.php

Or just fly first class. Its about 2.5 times the cost, but it's worth it.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:34 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:18 pm
... Southwest Airlines has been poorly run for a while now. I miss the Southwest Airlines of yesteryear. ...
100% agree!!!

I used to LUV flying SW and it wasn't just because the flight attendants were fun. The cockpit crew would really be aggressive to keep on schedule.

Now it seems like just a bit more expensive version of SPIRIT.

Does anybody remember (or miss) MIDWAY AIRLINES? Do you remember THOSE coach seats?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:49 pm

I'd rather sit next to Biden on a plan than Trump.

But then again, I am an adult man and not an 8 year old girl.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:53 pm

TC Talks wrote:
zzand wrote:
Do you actually think this happened by mistake? This takes H*** amount of investment and planning. Don't marginalize these brave citizen's quest for greatness.

Man, those Traverse City snow cows are fatter than I remember.

Where did you take this picture? Grandview Parkway? :smokin
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:12 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:53 pm
TC Talks wrote:
zzand wrote:

Man, those Traverse City snow cows are fatter than I remember.

Where did you take this picture? Grandview Parkway? :smokin
We are the top 3 healthiest counties in Michigan.
― Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic