Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Parking

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 16144

Parking

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:05 am

When parking your vehicle, do you prefer to head in or do you prefer to back in? I prefer head in.

TC Talks

Re: Parking

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:07 am

It depends on what I'm driving and how tight it is...
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:42 am

I almost always back in if the lot is remotely busy. If the lot is virtually empty I will pull in forward all the way to the next slot so I pull out forward.
Its safer to back in to a spot than to back out in to traffic and pedestrians.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:24 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:07 am
Its usually tighter in the back.

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:33 pm

It depends on the situation.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:50 pm

Either backing in, or pulling forward to face out in larger lots, is safer for you and your family. In the case of a possible attack, a threatening situation or even a mass shooting situation, it is much quicker to escape to safety if you don't have to back out first.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:27 pm

Always pull in facing forward.

Always try to park so that I can pull straight out, even if it means a few extra steps. If I have to park facing a curb, I try to do it away from the front of the parking lot, so that I don't have to back out towards traffic or pedestrians.

Never a fan of people who back in. They stop in the middle of the traffic aisle, then take their time carefully backing in, while traffic and pedestrians wait. Backing out of a parking spot has the advantage of taking less time and alerting people with taillights.

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:25 pm

My employer sez to head in parking as a last resort.

I always try to pull thru if possible with my own and company trucks. I will back in if ending at a curb and no traffic. I tend to park away from others.

If I park head in, it's usually angle parking and with the SVU.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

― Seneca

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:36 pm

I myself would rather back out of a spot, instead of backing in. I will like others have said drive a bit further and find a spot where I can pull through and face out.

Since we're on the topic of parking, let me ask how many others do what I do at a gas station. I will park at the pump even when I'm not getting gas. Instead of having to back out of a spot in front of the station, I can pull forward to leave.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:23 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:24 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:07 am
Its usually tighter in the back.
Not in some Church situations.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:02 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:50 pm
Either backing in, or pulling forward to face out in larger lots, is safer for you and your family. In the case of a possible attack, a threatening situation or even a mass shooting situation, it is much quicker to escape to safety if you don't have to back out first.
Never looked at it like that but legit point.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:23 pm

Bryce wrote:
In a mass shooting situation, a bullet is faster than any driving done.

I go front in unless it is a corner spot.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:13 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:23 pm
Bryce wrote:

The idea is to get the hell out of there BEFORE you become a target. Backing out takes longer and hence increases your chances of becoming a target.

Side note. No part of your car, unless armored, will stop a bullet except the engine block.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:05 pm

Nose first in a parking lot. Back in when parallel parking.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:58 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:13 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:23 pm
Bryce wrote:

The idea is to get the hell out of there BEFORE you become a target. Backing out takes longer and hence increases your chances of becoming a target.

Side note. No part of your car, unless armored, will stop a bullet except the engine block.
You’re incredibly likely to run yourself into something in a mass panic situation. Making a break for it in a car seems risky. You and several of your fellow driving fools will be attempting to beat it at once… Diving under your car and playing dead seems safer. The perp isn’t gonna look under cars for people.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic