Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Another Ford Recall

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Another Ford Recall

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:36 am

Holy crap, this is a pretty basic part of the vehicle, isn't it?
Who would buy a ford these days?
DETROIT (AP) — Ford is recalling more than 238,000 Explorers in the U.S. because a rear axle bolt can fail, potentially causing a loss of drive power or allowing the SUVs to roll away while in park.

The recall comes after U.S. safety regulators opened an investigation into the problem after getting two complaints that repairs didn’t work in two previous recalls this year and in 2022.

Affected are certain Explorers from the 2020 through 2022 model years.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says in documents posted Friday on its website that the rear axle horizontal mounting bolt can fracture and cause the driveshaft to disconnect, increasing the risk of a crash.

Dealers will replace a bushing and the rear axle bolt. They also will inspect the rear axle cover for damage near the bolt hole and replace the cover if damage is found. Owners will be notified by letter starting Nov. 6.

Ford said in documents that it knows of 396 reports of rear axle bolt failures, and fewer than 5% caused loss of power or let vehicles roll while they were in park. The company says it’s not aware of any crashes or injuries.

NHTSA opened its investigation in June after getting complaints alleging loss of power due to failure of rear axle bolts even though the Explorers had received repairs under the previous recalls.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Willie108

Re: Another Ford Recall

Post by Willie108 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:42 am

FORD...Found On Road Dead.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:23 pm

I've been driving Ford for 20 years and have never had a major problem. Maybe I'm just getting the good ones lol
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:57 pm

I like Ford vehicles but oddly I've never owned one. I've come close to buying one a couple of times but fate intervened and somehow prevented it.

For years I drove Chrysler. I still like them. With my late father, Chrysler was like a religion. For him it was either MOPAR or no car.

My last 3 vehicles have been GM. My dad would be turning over in his grave.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:27 pm

Willie108 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:42 am
FORD...Found On Road Dead.
Fix Or Repair Daily
Fucked Old Rebuilt Dodge

or backwards, DROF-Driver Returns On Foot

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:31 pm

Consumer Reports reveals 10 most reliable cars, trucks, SUVs of 2022

Lexus GX
Kia Niro EV
Toyota Prius
Cadillac XT5
Mazda MX-5
Honda Insight
Toyota Highlander XLE FWD
Subaru Crosstrek
Mazda CX-9

One domestic manufacturer on the list. Mazda seems to have done well.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:19 am

Purchasing any Kia or Hyundai product is like playing with fire. We'll see how well the Kia Niro holds up over time. (I will acknowledge it is a decent looking car for its price point; much better looking than the similarly priced Prius

I cannot help but be skeptical whenever any Cadillac product appears on a "most reliable" list, but I admittedly know little about the XT5.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:22 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:19 am
Purchasing any Kia or Hyundai product is like playing with fire. We'll see how well the Kia Niro holds up over time. (I will acknowledge it is a decent looking car for its price point; much better looking than the similarly priced Prius

I cannot help but be skeptical whenever any Cadillac product appears on a "most reliable" list, but I admittedly know little about the XT5.
I am surprised Hyundai isn't listed. They've really stepped up quality. They now own Kia.
― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:32 am

Stepped up quality?

Did they improve from piss poor to simply poor? 😜
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:26 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:32 am
Stepped up quality?

I see more 90's shitbox Hyundai's on the road still than I see Fords. Given the sales were about 10 to 1, that says something.
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:25 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:26 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:32 am
Stepped up quality?

I see more 90's shitbox Hyundai's on the road still than I see Fords. Given the sales were about 10 to 1, that says something.
It also could be who buys each kind of vehicle…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic