Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Darwin Award

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Darwin Award

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:14 pm

This week's nominee is a man from Edmonton.
Man dies in Edmonton mall parkade after standing up through car sunroof, police say

Edmonton. police say they are investigating the death of a man in a mall parkade after he stood up through the sunroof of a car and was struck by a beam.

Officers responded to the call Thursday at West Edmonton Mall.

They were told a sedan had been travelling through the mall parkade when the 18-year-old passenger stood up.

As the car passed underneath a ramp, the man was struck by a concrete beam.

Emergency workers treated the man at the scene and took him to hospital, but he died of his injuries.

The 17-year-old male driver and 15-year-old female passenger were unhurt.

Police say speed and impairment are not believed to be factors.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... rough-car/

Edmonton is 4100 km from Niceville.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Re: Darwin Award

Post by Honeyman » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:26 pm

Rumor is, his final words were, "GO OIL......."
The censorship king from out of state.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:16 pm

18 years old. That sucks.

It reminds of a kid I graduated with. Later that summer, him and some friends were out on a boat, and it was getting dark. Apparently they went under some kind of dock or bridge (it's been 20 years, so I don't remember all the details), and they didn't see it. Whacked his head on it and he wound up dying, too. This one was more of a freak accident, though. They weren't fucking around at all. Just wrong place, wrong time.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:13 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:16 pm

It reminds of a kid I graduated with. Later that summer, him and some friends were out on a boat, and it was getting dark. Apparently they went under some kind of dock or bridge (it's been 20 years, so I don't remember all the details), and they didn't see it. Whacked his head on it and he wound up dying, too. This one was more of a freak accident, though. They weren't fucking around at all. Just wrong place, wrong time.
Sounds similar to this boating accident that killed two major league baseball players.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/loc ... 7b333d5f2b

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:00 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:13 am
Mega Hertz wrote:

Sounds similar to this boating accident that killed two major league baseball players.

Baseball sucks.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:40 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:00 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Baseball sucks.
What is it with you and that anyways? It's almost like an involuntary OCD trigger whenever someone mentions baseball...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:50 pm

I'm with Matt. Baseball is a boring game.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:47 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:40 pm
Matt wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Baseball sucks.
What is it with you and that anyways? It's almost like an involuntary OCD trigger whenever someone mentions baseball...
It's specifically this poster looking for ANY chance to bring up that boring ass sport.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:43 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:47 am
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Baseball sucks.
It's specifically this poster looking for ANY chance to bring up that boring ass sport.
But you do it to anybody who mentions the thing… I don’t do that to you and hockey even though I’d rather yank my eyes out with tweezers than watch that boring ass sport… I don’t harass you about it though.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:50 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:43 am
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Baseball sucks.
But you do it to anybody who mentions the thing… I don’t do that to you and hockey even though I’d rather yank my eyes out with tweezers than watch that boring ass sport… I don’t harass you about it though.
All this poster talks about is baseball and Ron Cameron (71.01% of posts). Maybe pick another martyr.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:15 am

Baseball is boring ass. Hockey is boring ass. Basketball is boring ass. Football is boring ass. Synchronized swimming is boring ass (especially men's). Figure skating is boring ass. Tennis is boring ass. Curling is boring ass. NASCAR is boring ass. Hopscotch is boring ass. UFC is boring ass and dumb. Golf is boring ass and middle class.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:14 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:50 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:43 am
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Baseball sucks.
All this poster talks about is baseball and Ron Cameron (71.01% of posts). Maybe pick another martyr.
I did try to post about the Beatles but nobody responded.

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 18&t=62647

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:38 pm

It's a pity the Darwin Award is only given posthumously. The lucky recipient doesn't get to bask in the glory or to appear as a guest on the talk shows.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic