Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Number One With A Bullet

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Number One With A Bullet

Post by Bryce » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:07 pm

The song currently ranks No. 1 on the iTunes chart, No. 1 on the Apple Music daily streams chart and No. 3 on the U.S. Spotify daily streams chart. No, it's not about pimpin ho's or cappin cops. Imagine that.

Never been a big fan of Country Music, but this guy has me rethinking that.

Extra points for having three German Shepherd Dogs.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 9015

Re: Number One With A Bullet

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:39 pm

He looks like Dax from GTA Online

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:50 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:07 pm
The song currently ranks No. 1 on the iTunes chart, No. 1 on the Apple Music daily streams chart and No. 3 on the U.S. Spotify daily streams chart. No, it's not about pimpin ho's or cappin cops. Imagine that.

Never been a big fan of Country Music, but this guy has me rethinking that.

Extra points for having three German Shepherd Dogs.
I think MAGA finally found a song they can use without getting yelled at. :barf Sounds like a dying dog.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:56 pm

Here's a song that is a little bit country and folk and is much better, Ray LaMontagne "Beg, Steal, or Borrow: https://youtu.be/O8_fGCCitEc

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:34 pm

If you want to listen to country, maybe you should listen to this: https://youtu.be/zcAfyk3o9nw
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:29 pm

Where is the 'bullet' that he supposedly has?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:30 pm

Not a bad song, but why is a fat guy complaining about other fat people?

I never understood why fat people who are marginally less fat than other people talk shit about them. This guy needs to get over himself.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:32 pm

I discovered why Bryce likes this guy. It also sounds like he's been working for the Trump Organization or some dick Republican by the way he was treated...
Ever since video of Oliver Anthony belting out his latest song went viral, Republican politicians have hailed it as a cry of protest from the raw heart of blue-collar, right-wing America. In their telling, the song captures the sufferings and indignities inflicted on the working class by the elites described in its title, “Rich Men North of Richmond.”

Anthony’s lyrics surely speak to millions of struggling Americans: “I’ve been sellin’ my soul, workin’ all day / overtime hours for bulls--- pay,” he sings. But you know who else will love this song? The “rich men north of Richmond,” that’s who.

With Republicans such as Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia hailing this song as “the anthem of the forgotten Americans,” wealthy elites north and south of Richmond will be just fine with that. The song seems to lambaste these elites for inequality and working-class suffering, but it actually channels much of the blame in a very different direction. That’s a key reason Republicans like it so much.

Anthony sings that working overtime for “bull--- pay” led him to “waste my life” and “drown my troubles away.” He has said this is a reference to his work in a North Carolina factory; struggling with soul-crushing work for stagnant wages and self-medicating in response is a real situation for many Americans.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:02 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:30 pm
<snip video>
I never understood why fat people who are marginally less fat than other people talk shit about them. This guy needs to get over himself.
He's not complaining about people because they're fat. He's complaining about those non-working sponges on government welfare, most of whom are fat and lazy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:27 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:32 pm
I discovered why Bryce likes this guy. It also sounds like he's been working for the Trump Organization or some dick Republican by the way he was treated...
Ever since video of Oliver Anthony belting out his latest song went viral, Republican politicians have hailed it as a cry of protest from the raw heart of blue-collar, right-wing America. In their telling, the song captures the sufferings and indignities inflicted on the working class by the elites described in its title, “Rich Men North of Richmond.”

Anthony’s lyrics surely speak to millions of struggling Americans: “I’ve been sellin’ my soul, workin’ all day / overtime hours for bulls--- pay,” he sings. But you know who else will love this song? The “rich men north of Richmond,” that’s who.

With Republicans such as Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia hailing this song as “the anthem of the forgotten Americans,” wealthy elites north and south of Richmond will be just fine with that. The song seems to lambaste these elites for inequality and working-class suffering, but it actually channels much of the blame in a very different direction. That’s a key reason Republicans like it so much.

Anthony sings that working overtime for “bull--- pay” led him to “waste my life” and “drown my troubles away.” He has said this is a reference to his work in a North Carolina factory; struggling with soul-crushing work for stagnant wages and self-medicating in response is a real situation for many Americans.
The scary thing is you theoretically could place the lyrics in the Reconstructionist south after the "north took slaves away".

Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:58 am

km1125 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:02 am
Neckbeard wrote:
<snip video>
He's not complaining about people because they're fat. He's complaining about those non-working sponges on government welfare, most of whom are fat and lazy.
Like this guy?

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:03 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:58 am
km1125 wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
<snip video>
Like this guy?

tRump is a sponge on government welfare via proxy: the trailer trash MAGAts freely give their welfare checks to him to SaVe AmErIcA!!!
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:09 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:03 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:58 am
km1125 wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
<snip video>
Like this guy?

tRump is a sponge on government welfare via proxy: the trailer trash MAGAts freely give their welfare checks to him to SaVe AmErIcA!!!
Politicians have become the new televangelists.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:08 pm

Hmm. Sounds like someone made choices in life. They chose to work in a factory. They chose to get into drugs and alcohol. And now it's someone else's fault. Why doesn't he just pull himself up by his bootstraps? Instead of grunting and groaning on YouTube? That is time that could be spent looking for a better job.

I can't imagine going through life thinking all my choices in life are a reflection of THE ELITES! And THOSE PEOPLE! Jesus Christ, get a life.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:52 am

paul8539 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:29 pm
Where is the 'bullet' that he supposedly has?
Inside joke. See Keith Urban.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic