Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Surprise! Lincoln SUVs remain rolling shit boxes due to poor electrical engineering

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Re: Surprise! Lincoln SUVs remain rolling shit boxes due to poor electrical engineering

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:46 am

I think I had a clearer understanding of this discussion...

Turkey is clearly middle class thanks to the union. He has a pension etc.

Today, the working class lives below the poverty level. These are the restaurant and some retail workers. They have food and housing insecurity, often needing to share housing with family.

Working class are not skilled trade workers these days. Turkey's brothers in the steel mills live a middle class life.

Am I close?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Re: Surprise! Lincoln SUVs remain rolling shit boxes due to poor electrical engineering

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:41 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:46 am
I think I had a clearer understanding of this discussion...

Turkey is clearly middle class thanks to the union. He has a pension etc.

Today, the working class lives below the poverty level. These are the restaurant and some retail workers. They have food and housing insecurity, often needing to share housing with family.

Working class are not skilled trade workers these days. Turkey's brothers in the steel mills live a middle class life.

Am I close?
We have a winner.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:54 am

So that nails it right there.

There is no way I am or ever will be middle class. There's a certain instinct or mental skill you middle class types posess that I don't.

RT can spot total strangers in Starbucks and somehow know they're $10/hr workers who, when they aren't in Starbucks, have difficulty making ends meet at home.

TCT can make assumptions about my life without ever having met me and knowing nothing about me, not even my real name.

That's a skill I don't have and don't intend to start working on.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:20 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:54 am

There is no way I am or ever will be middle class. There's a certain instinct or mental skill you middle class types posess that I don't.

RT can spot total strangers in Starbucks and somehow know they're $10/hr workers who, when they aren't in Starbucks, have difficulty making ends meet at home.

TCT can make assumptions about my life without ever having met me and knowing nothing about me, not even my real name.

Let me ask you this TT:

You were litigating union grievances and working in the mill, you have more mental skill than most of the people here, and some and upper middle class. Wouldn't you agree?

I might give you credit for working with your hand used to be a working class job, but to people like Rate This in their 30's, any union job these days is a middle class job. It is a generational difference.

And I know your name, it's a fine name.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:09 pm

So let me see if I've got this straight. We in the working class are low paid, unskilled workers, who irresponsibly squander our money at Strbucks, where the price of a cup of coffee would pay for that badly needed gallon of milk for the kids at home.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:00 pm

Getting back on topic, I think Audiophile's post is insightful. Clearly explains a lot of the problems Ford has been experiencing lately. And TC Talks is right, too. The seasoned veterans have been pushed into early retirement in many instances.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:03 pm

Big shake up reported today among Ford's supply chain executives.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:16 pm

The only for I have ever owned was a '69 Bronco. I was fortunate that the previous owner fixed all the factory defects.

― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:02 pm

The Ford Maverick and Ford Escape hybrids are now being recalled due to engine fire risk:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ ... 294086007/

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:07 am

My oldest daughter has always been faithful to Ford, until her last purchase. She drives a Fusion, getting rid of it as soon as it becomes more affordable to buy. At one point she had 6 outstanding recalls on it. My favorite was the steering wheel could come off in your hands. She is planning on going with Honda as she already has one of their mini vans and it has been trouble free.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:18 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:54 am

Your name isn't Turkey J. Top?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:44 pm

You wanna see rolling shitboxes??? Anything with a Jeep nameplate on it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:17 pm

Willie108 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:44 pm
You wanna see rolling shitboxes??? Anything with a Jeep nameplate on it.
Amen.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:17 am

My Grand Cherokee is just fine thank you. If they are so bad why are there more Jeeps on the road than just about anything else?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:20 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:17 am
My Grand Cherokee is just fine thank you. If they are so bad why are there more Jeeps on the road than just about anything else?
My partner has two Jeeps. One has the death tick, the other gets 11 mpg. Jeep is popular because they always seem to have a hot chick driving or riding in them.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic