Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Surprise! Lincoln SUVs remain rolling shit boxes due to poor electrical engineering

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Rate This

Re: Surprise! Lincoln SUVs remain rolling shit boxes due to poor electrical engineering

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:04 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:57 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:36 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:33 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:59 pm

I got middle 40%…
Same. But I know what I am.
Middle class.

WRONG
It’s all about income. You’re definitely not scraping by wondering how to buy that gallon of milk or make that next electric bill. That’s the definition of working class.

audiophile

Re: Surprise! Lincoln SUVs remain rolling shit boxes due to poor electrical engineering

Post by audiophile » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:45 pm

As I mentioned earlier, I had relative work for Roush, and he said Ford was hiring a boatload of foreign engineers straight out of college.

He said it was disaster for Roush to make prototypes for these no-practical-experience engineers, even worse they spoke little or very broken english.

Stick with something they know well, IE F-150 you're probably ok.

EDIT: I FOUND IT MY ORGINAL COMMENT FROM 2019, AND NO IT WASN'T A BONUS:
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:56 am
audiophile wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:16 am
A relative worked for Roush and the stories he told were amazing. He said the new Ford engineers are the worst, all foreign, just out of college.
Given the state of our education system, having someone from another country might be a bonus. For example, German engineering is the best in the world. Japan and South Korea also engineer tremendously successful vehicles.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:29 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:04 am
You’re definitely not scraping by wondering how to buy that gallon of milk or make that next electric bill. That’s the definition of working class.
We lived that way for a lot of years. It's called poverty. I was working class then and I'm working class now. You're pushing the liberal elitist notion that the working class should have to live a life of poverty.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:32 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:29 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:04 am
You’re definitely not scraping by wondering how to buy that gallon of milk or make that next electric bill. That’s the definition of working class.
We lived that way for a lot of years. It's called poverty. I was working class then and I'm working class now. You're pushing the liberal elitist notion that the working class should have to live a life of poverty.
The $30.00 union guy is middle class. The $10.00 McDonald’s worker is working class. Both can patronize the same places and wear the same clothes.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:43 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:32 pm
[
The $30.00 union guy is middle class. The $10.00 McDonald’s worker is working class. Both can patronize the same places and wear the same clothes.

I was working class when we were living in poverty. I'm still working class today while living in modest comfort in my retirement. If I strike it lucky tomorrow and win the lottery jackpot, I'll still be working class..

I won't be signing up for the Bernie Sanders conversion therapy.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:44 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:45 pm
As I mentioned earlier, I had relative work for Roush, and he said Ford was hiring a boatload of foreign engineers straight out of college.

He said it was disaster for Roush to make prototypes for these no-practical-experience engineers, even worse they spoke little or very broken english.

Stick with something they know well, IE F-150 you're probably ok.

EDIT: I FOUND IT MY ORGINAL COMMENT FROM 2019, AND NO IT WASN'T A BONUS:
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:56 am
audiophile wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:16 am
A relative worked for Roush and the stories he told were amazing. He said the new Ford engineers are the worst, all foreign, just out of college.
Given the state of our education system, having someone from another country might be a bonus. For example, German engineering is the best in the world. Japan and South Korea also engineer tremendously successful vehicles.
And these aren't the people being pushed out. It's the old timer Ford people.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:17 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:43 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:32 pm
[

I was working class when we were living in poverty. I'm still working class today while living in modest comfort in my retirement. If I strike it lucky tomorrow and win the lottery jackpot, I'll still be working class..

I won't be signing up for the Bernie Sanders conversion therapy.
So you can’t go to Starbucks or wear clothes with a brand label and be working class?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:21 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:17 pm

So you can’t go to Starbucks or wear clothes with a brand label and be working class?
It's like asking "can you wear women's clothes and still be a man?"

I suppose I could. But why would I want to.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:30 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:21 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:17 pm

It's like asking "can you wear women's clothes and still be a man?"

I suppose I could. But why would I want to.
You should ask all the working class people who go to Starbucks and wear designer clothes.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:33 pm

And you should ask all your cross dressing male friends.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:38 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:33 pm
I don’t have any. But I see plenty of working class types at Starbucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:43 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:38 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
How do you know they're working class? Do you ask them? If all working class people live in poverty, as you suggest and can't even scrape together the money for a gallon of milk, I don't know how they could afford Starbucks. It's too rich mor my budget.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:11 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:43 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:38 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
How do you know they're working class? Do you ask them? If all working class people live in poverty, as you suggest and can't even scrape together the money for a gallon of milk, I don't know how they could afford Starbucks. It's too rich mor my budget.
Working class is strictly economic. It is not a lifestyle. I don’t have to ask them.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:26 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:11 pm

Working class is strictly economic. It is not a lifestyle. I don’t have to ask them.

If working class is strictly economic, the only way you determine their working class status would be to ask them what is their income. Seems like an odd question to ask strangers.

If they can afford Starbucks, they can't be living in poverty, which according to you the very definition of working class.

When we were struggling to put milk on the table and shoes on the kids, I couldn't have gone to Starbucks, even if I had wanted to.

Tim Horton's would have been an extravagance.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:38 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:26 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:11 pm

If working class is strictly economic, the only way you determine their working class status would be to ask them what is their income. Seems like an odd question to ask strangers.

If they can afford Starbucks, they can't be living in poverty, which according to you the very definition of working class.

When we were struggling to put milk on the table and shoes on the kids, I couldn't have gone to Starbucks, even if I had wanted to.

Tim Horton's would have been an extravagance.
You are responsible with money. Most people aren’t and live beyond their means. It’s part of why there is so much debt. Those that can’t afford $5 coffee still do.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic