Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Auto Insurance

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Taco

Re: Auto Insurance

Post by Taco » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:14 pm

I probably should shop around. I've been with Progressive long enough to be an "Emerald" level member. I didn't opt for the unlimited medical.
craig11152 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:00 am
I used to have AAA then went with Progressive for a few years and now back to AAA.
I have come to the conclusion if you aren't shopping car insurance every couple years your current provider is probably overcharging you.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:26 pm

Taco wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:14 pm
I probably should shop around. I've been with Progressive long enough to be an "Emerald" level member. I didn't opt for the unlimited medical.
craig11152 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:00 am
I used to have AAA then went with Progressive for a few years and now back to AAA.
I have come to the conclusion if you aren't shopping car insurance every couple years your current provider is probably overcharging you.
Is it really worth it for your 1987 Oldsmobile?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:22 pm

Find an independent agent. Let them get you quotes from insurance companies you're never heard of. Once you do that, you'll never have insurance from a company that runs ads again.

My insurance is with the Michigan Insurance Company. That's the name of the company.

Frankenmuth Insurance or Fremont Insurance are two other companies with lower rates than anything you see plugged on the telly.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:28 pm

Since I primarily drive a company vehicle, my personal car generally sits in my garage, and it might get used 2-3 times a month and never for long periods of time.

For bare minimum PLPD through State Farm, with a clean driving record, a white 2006 Ford 500, I was paying $105 a month. My wife, who leases a 2022 Escape, same driving record, was paying the same for full coverage. We decided that, since we're married now, would just put my car on her Progressive insurance and it costs $38 a month.

I already have a massive hate for any and all insurance companies as it is. They are the worst of the worst when it comes to rip-offs.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:47 am

Frankenmuth is good; have only heard positive things about them.

I advise checking online reviews regarding claim handling and AM Best financial strength ratings, though, before going with any insurer that a broker may use.

My Progressive bill for the upcoming six month renewal just arrived. For unlimited PIP medical, before counting the MCCA statutory fees, they charged me just $43 for the entire six months. That's a great price.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:01 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:36 am
It may of course depend on which county you are in… I’ve never been able to find anybody who can beat Geico… so I’ve been with them for a long time. I had some real fits and starts with them on the PIP waiver. As an aside it sucks you have to do that at every renewal. I do 6 months and auto-debit.
I recently switched to Geico. Considering how much they spend on advertising (I almost didn't even seek a quote from there as I just assumed it was expensive), I was surprised at how cheap my insurance ended up being. I'm paying something like $54/month for PLPD coverage on my old Ford Escape.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic