Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

You Just Might Be A Lefty...

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
zzand

Re: You Just Might Be A Lefty...

Post by zzand » Mon May 29, 2023 7:26 am

Visiting my family this weekend and went by Walmart, Meijer and both were busy, the Target, not so much. As for beer, Root Beer only and I drive a Jeep, but I am a Rightie so I guess that is ok.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 29, 2023 8:33 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 12:17 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 10:28 pm

Lefties drink it in far smaller numbers than righties.
Looks like a whole lot less of them these days. Their sales are WAY down, and their stock has cratered as well.
According to data cited by the beverage industry trade publication Beer Business Daily, sales volumes of Bud Light for the week ending May 13 sank 28.4%, extending a downward trend from the 27.7% decline seen the week before.
But, you feel free to enjoy.
The point still holds. It’s not a Volvo-driving hippy beer.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed May 31, 2023 10:10 am

Well I don't drink and the last time I was in Target was probably a year ago, as there are no stores in my general vicinity. I would prefer Meijer anyway given the choice as it's a Michigan-based company, although I do shop at WalMart since it's the big-box store in town and sometimes I just don't want to spend the time and gas money to drive 12 miles to Meijer (call me cheap or lazy). Given the circumstances I guess I don't have a dog in the hunt.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:02 pm

I noticed the quality of merchandise at Target go downhill years ago. The devotion of more square footage to food products seems to have come at the expense of softline products and perhaps sporting goods.

They never have impressive sale prices except around the holidays. Over the counter pharmaceutical products, where they do have some very good regular prices in certain instances, is usually the only reason I'll make a special trip to Target.

At times, I'll notice a lot of empty shelf space at both of my nearest Target stores. They don't seem to manage inventory as well as Meijer.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:22 pm

They are having leadership challenges. Target's rock star CEO tried to enter Canada too quickly, which failed, and was out the door. Since then they have not found their voice.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:28 pm

Well I dunno about Target not doing well. The one closest to me always has a half dozen lanes open with several waiting in each line.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic