Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Who remembers the ethnic festivals in Detroit?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bobbert

Re: Who remembers the ethnic festivals in Detroit?

Post by Bobbert » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:17 am

Plate Cap wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:51 pm
Bottom line, they killed a cool series of events and stuck to the Detroit script. Yet another reason to not bother going down and risking getting robbed, shot, or your stuff stolen. I don't.
Here's a quote from a Bob Talbert column in the Detroit Free Press (3/23/87) that supports what you say:
I agree with Detroit Council members Nick Hood and Barbara-Rose Collins, and Greek Merchants Association head Jim Pappas, that the Hart Plaza ethnic festivals, as presently done, are tired and past their time. They're becoming detriments to people coming downtown. Now if only the Greek merchants can do something about the young males and teenagers linking arms and bumping into people in Greek Town, intimidating men, insulting women and driving everyone back to the suburbs.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Who remembers the ethnic festivals in Detroit?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:32 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:17 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:40 am
There also is the St Anne’s Sausage Festival on Mound Road near 14 Mile in September.
Seems this was it once I seen the name. Although I can't shag the feeling it was before the kids went back.
They have varied the timing of it from the second weekend in September to the last week in September. The Polish Festival on Maple Lane is late July or early August.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic