Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

So, What Was This?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

So, What Was This?

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:57 am

Thursday afternoon, just out of the blue, I started feeling dizzy. Not head spinning dizzy. Just vertigo. Difficult to maintain my balance without hanging on to something,

Then came the nausea and vomitting. My wife took my blood pressure and it was through the roof. Some Pepto Bismol settled my stomach and I slept through the night with some really wierd dreams.

Friday morning I felt a little better. My blood pressure was normal again, but I noticed I had gone deaf in my left ear,

Today, Saturday, I felt great again and I have my hearing back. What the Hell happened?

I'm physically fit. I'm not overweight. I don't smoke. I'm not diabetic. There is no family history of sroke.

Our last dog went through a similar episode when she was old. Dizzy, staggering and sick. She recovered in a few days and lasted a couple more years.

Maybe there's hope for me.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

moldyoldie

Re: So, What Was This?

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:04 am

Are you drinking enough water? Fainting can be a symptom of dehydration. The nausea sounds like a bug; there are a few really nasty ones going around. In any case, stay well-hydrated -- caffeine and alcohol are diuretic.

Only medical testing can give an exact diagnosis.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:18 am

Get thee to a physician. Do not seek medical advice on bulletin boards.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:21 am

Plate Cap wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:18 am
Get thee to a physician. Do not seek medical advice on bulletin boards.
+1

I would reiterate the importance of staying well-hydrated.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:34 am

+2 on see a doc.

However, my father had this happen to him -- and literally almost exactly like you describe. He was diagnosed with Menieres Disease.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-an ... es-disease

Wellllll... la de frickin da

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:43 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:34 am
+2 on see a doc.

However, my father had this happen to him -- and literally almost exactly like you describe. He was diagnosed with Menieres Disease.

Fascinating. If this is indeed T-Top's diagnosis you're to be congratulated for bringing it to everyone's attention...or even if it isn't.

- Sydney J. Harris

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:55 pm

You don't happen to remember what you ate or drank about an hour or so before this episode you had?

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:05 pm

Caffeine is a dieretic if taken alone. But in typical caffeinated beverages like coffee or pop the liquid consumed more than compensates. If all you had to drink was coffee or Mountain Dew on the proverbial deserted island you wouldn't die of dehydration.

I no longer directly engage trolls

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:47 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
+2 on see a doc.

I have a friend with this, and he had an attack on a plane. They wanted to make an emergency landing. His co-worker convinced them to keep flying, and that just an inner-issue and that it was not contagious.

Landing the plane would only made it nearly impossible for him to return, as driving made him sick too.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:39 pm

You need to get checked out for a stroke.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:09 pm

To a physician, go, and quickly too. Farewell.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:38 pm

I am also feeling that it's related to dehydration. Blood pressure can be related to stress from you worrying about symptoms. At a certain age, people can get TIA's which are mini strokes, and that should be investigated soon...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:12 pm

Nah, it's an inner ear issue.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:35 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
+2 on see a doc.

That looks like it alright. Old dogs get a similar affliction. Only. in dogs, it's called vestibular disease.

I already have tinnitus. I've had it for a number of years. It's from working over twenty years in a noisy industrial environment.

I've had these attacks two or three times in the past. But it was always when I was under a lot of stress about something. I just blamed it on the stress. Now I'm wintering in Florida. No stress here at all.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:37 am

Round Six wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:55 pm
You don't happen to remember what you ate or drank about an hour or so before this episode you had?
I'm quoting myself because I honestly ponder if you had a reaction to something you ate or drank. Google signs of a severe allergic reaction. To me, that sounds like what happened.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic