Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Film Photography Making a Comeback

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Film Photography Making a Comeback

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:33 pm

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Round Six

Re: Film Photography Making a Comeback

Post by Round Six » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:18 am

Nice article.
One thing it brings up is you have to think about the picture you're taking before you push the shutter. And like the article says, you have a hard copy of the picture to hang on the wall and look at. I know people who never print out the pictures on the phone and DSR. Through the years, I've known folks that accumulated a drawer full of point and shoots. And they know which one has the pictures of a trip to Gatlinburg or some wedding.

Myself, I'd rather just stick with a DSR. There's just so many options with shooting raw that you don't have with film.
But I do print out and frame pictures. I also have a printer that does photo quality prints that look just as what you get from Fast Photo.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:44 am

I still have my SLR and Lenses. I used to have a dark lab but you can no longer get the chems or raw material.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:30 pm

When I was kid back in the 50s and 60s, our Uncle Frank was a photographer with the Toronto Star. So, at any family gatherings, he was the photographer. His camera was about the size of a toaster.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic