Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why are hospitals the only ignorant ones now?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 15835

Re: Why are hospitals the only ignorant ones now?

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:13 pm

It's optional at most Dr's offices now. Hospital's, I guess I can kinda see it but yeah things have gotten stable and the whole mask thing is just overkill now. When the whole COVID thing started, I believe some of it was indeed very real but some of it was about control, much like what happened after 911. How long did the whole flatten the curve thing go on? we stopped hearing about it.

Also, some of it was about money and making the drug, hospital supply and insurance companies rich. For example after 911, Lockheed martin and other weapons manufactures made tons of money off a bad situation.

One thing I've learned from The 2000s during The Bush 43 years and the last 6 years or so, I just already figure whatever the government tells me, it's likely to be mostly BS and a power grab. Think of how many business's and people's livelihoods were ruined. Was it worth it? All we can do now is contemplate the answers and somehow learn from all this.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:43 pm

keto wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:49 pm
We all know masks are useless, so why do hospitals still require them?

It’s all a show, folks.
Last time I was at a Henry Ford, the guy at the door said it's still a state mandate. In other words, they have no choice.

If you notice, doctor offices also have signs at the entrance indicating masks are required. They however do not enforce it, or for the most part wear them either. But they are still required to have a sign.

Myself I think if you refused to wear a mask in a hospital when told, they would just shrug their shoulders and let you in. They're just doing their job.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:48 pm

This is no longer a mandate. Hospital do have COVID patients around so it seems like a good idea.
Michigan lifted its general mask mandate June 22, 2021, and ended site-specific face-covering requirements in health care facilities, long-term care facilities, jails and shelters Feb. 16. The state continues to recommend all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, mask up in such "high-risk congregate settings."
Learn more: Read Michigan's updated mask guidance.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:32 pm

If masks don't work in some way, why have surgeons worn them for as long as we can remember?

There were arguments made that viruses can pass right through most masks. However, if the virus is inside a droplet, the droplet may stick on the mask, either way, from the outside or from the surgeon.

Not certain if the motive and end is to protect us or control us though.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:03 am

Aside from the fact that this post should cure whatever doubt there was that keto is LL101, there's a big difference between wearing masks in public and in a controlled environment. Masks DO work in lab studies. But it is very different in the real world for a number of reasons including the materials people use for masks and the way in which people wear and handle them.

But a hospital environment is much closer to a true lab environment where I suspect that masks (worn by surgeons anyways) do offer significant protection.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:06 am

I remember the story from decades ago that a Medical School Professor created a large table of nonsense and statistics for his class, and said they needed to memorize all of it and all would be on the tests, and it was. He was trying to prove a point, to show how gullible some of the best and brightest were. And that they shouldn't just memorize and regurgitate and practice any and all research and statistics. But it has proved to be the preliminary research about how utter nonsense and statistics can be fed to the general population and forced to accept and regurgitate and go along with it. Then there's the thing about fooling some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you could not fool all of the people all of the time. Now they are going after the small percentage of people who can't be fooled all of the time.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:53 pm

If i'm setting in a doctor's waiting room, I want a mask. Less likely to catch the illiness of others and passing what I got.

I didn't catch COVID until I stopped using a mask.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:00 am

tigerwings wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:53 pm
If i'm setting in a doctor's waiting room, I want a mask. Less likely to catch the illiness of others and passing what I got.

N95?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:48 pm

tigerwings wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:53 pm

Are you vaccinated?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:22 am

If masks don't work in some way, why have surgeons worn them for as long as we can remember?

There were arguments made that viruses can pass right through most masks. However, if the virus is inside a droplet, the droplet may stick on the mask, either way, from the outside or from the surgeon.
I agree 100 percent.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:36 pm

wore cloth or paper mask most of the time, N95 on occassion, and vacc.

I work around construction and other utility workers that were not masked. I was protecting myself, not others.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:54 pm

tigerwings wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:36 pm
wore cloth or paper mask most of the time, N95 on occassion, and vacc.

I work around construction and other utility workers that were not masked. I was protecting myself, not others.
Vaccinated?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:51 am

keto wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:49 pm
We all know masks are useless, so why do hospitals still require them?

It’s all a show, folks.
I’m a nurse and on my unit, we only gotta wear them in front of patients.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:32 am

The actual masks that are used in the medical field - I can see the effectiveness and usefulness of those. The virtue-signaling, cobbled up masks we were all forced to wear for over a year under penalty of arrest and exclusion from society? No.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:49 am

Matt, I am vaxxed and always wore a mask, a good one, and got comfortable and quit wearing it. 2 weeks later I had Covid. This was this last Christmas. I am back to masking in big crowds and in doctor's offices. I will say I am dealing with medical issues that will require surgery as a side effect of the Moderna vaccine. Three different doctors said it is a side effect so I trust them

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic